Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2014, 01:31 PM   #1

Hoping to be a proud owner of the Columbus 385bh this month!

Hello everyone,

Excited to find a group like this my husband and I will be buying our first rv and hoping it will be the Columbus 385bh.
Any tips on how to negotiate and what to try and get included would be great as this will be a straight sale.

Also does the camper need to be csa in order for it to get insured and get warranty work in canada.

Welcome any advice!
Maritimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:58 PM   #2
Oklahoma Proud

I would do alot of research on here and other places about columbus and the 385bh. The 385bh had a lot of bugs, and I've heard of at least 1 dealer that doesn't like to sell them.
There are quite a few other great larger 5th wheel Forest River bunk houses out there. There are quite a few with good success with thiers, like the Sabres, Sanspipers, Sierra and im sure there are others.
Look around on here and you will find tons of info!

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #3
Oklahoma Proud

Oh yeah, forgot, Welcome to the Forum!! Lots of great info!

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #4

Thank you very much for the info, definitely something to think about. We were originally going to purchase the avalanche 361 but it did not have the csa sticker on it. So then we found the columbus385 and fell in love. It is so hard to know you are making to right decision.
Maritimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:02 PM   #5

First welcome to forum. For the CSA endorsement requirement, you better check with your insurance company if required or not. Not all insurance are the same. Mine had it as I bought it in Ontario. Are you buying in New Brunswick or state side? Also if you buy state side, then you will have to find a dealer close to you that will honor warranty work, it's up to them. Good luck in your purchase.
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
columbus