Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
RVer In The Making

Howdy!

Looking forward to RVing in a Georgetown.
We live here in the Seattle area (near Black Diamond).
Haven't been RVing since I was a kid in '77.
Really like the F.R. line up and their features.

We show a Doberman bitch named Porsche who is 2.5 yrs old and we have a boy (her uncle) that is 8.5 yrs old. We take our kids with us where ever we go on the road.
Fellow Dobie owners that show have RV's... none own the F.R. line.
Wife and I and our two Dobes are fed up with living in hotels and will eventually by a F.R. Georgetown 30ft or slightly longer.

We drove one in Spokane at Freedom RV while we were over their on Memorial Day showing our girl. We spent several hours with the salesman at Freedom and he never once asked us to buy and shared a ton of info with us!
I was impressed with the acceleration in the "3rd generation" FORD V10!

Not sure how we would by a F.R. in Spokane and have it serviced or taken care of with issues that may pop up under warranty. I'd like to repay the favor to the kind salesman.

We don't really see many Forest Rivers on the road around here... not sure why. They seem like a great buy to us.

BTW, thanks for a wonderful site!

DD
DobiesDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully everything will work out and you can get a unit which will work well for you.

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #3

to the forum.

It's a good idea to join in and ask questions before you buy. There are several Georgetown owners on this forum that I'm sure will be willing to answer any questions you may have.

You could contact FR about an authorized repair shop near you. That way you could buy from the salesman that you feel comfortable with and have the MH serviced near where you live.
I'm sure someone on this forum can give you the FR Georgetown contact info.
&
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
Anacortesians

Welcome abord from a fellow Washingtonian (Anacortes). We have only seen three other rigs like ours in two seasons out there. Our rig is a used one (we're the second owners) and, so far, I don't see any issues that would require factory intervention.

We had a water leak over the winter through the Living room slide ceiling that was due to a rotted-out topper. I'm about 60% through the process of eliminating all the wood that got moldy by buolding replacement cabinets.

As I've posted elsewhere, I was amazed when I removed the old cabinets. Despite the slide ceiling having three steel tube structural members running the full length of the slide, the cabinets were held in place by 3/4" self-tapping screws that went through a sheet of 1/8" lauan mahogany door-skin materisl into the block styrofoam insulation. All but two of the twelve screws holding the cabinets to the ceiling wouldn't actually unscrew. They were in oversize holes caused by rotting of the plywood. It's amazing the whole thing didn't come crashing down on us last season.

The first replacement cabinet is installed and I'm working on the seond one. It would take an FR tech to spot the difference, I think. The new box is tied into those steel tubes and it's not going anywhere! Second cabinet is under construction - should be finished and intsalled in a week or so.