Old 08-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #11
Old Member
Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Originally Posted by Harleyman 1955 View Post
Just purchased a Chaparral 310rlts and take delivery Wed. Looking forward to fifth wheel life, Traded from 20ft TT and am ready to see how this pulls.
Hey Harleyman, Welcome to FRF from Spring, TX. We'll be visiting TN & NC this coming Oct - Nov. Hope to see you along the way.

Travel safe & enjoy your journeys!

Mike, Sheila & Toppi our Fur Kid
2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS/MorRyde IS/Kodiak Disc + bells-n-whistles

2013 Ford F350 Lariat/CC/DRW/Aux Fuel/Curt 20K
from Spring, TX , FROG, CCRVC, CCRVOC & Escapees members
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:24 AM   #12
I loved Fall Creek Falls down around Chattanooga.

cstover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #13
Originally Posted by Harleyman 1955 View Post
Hey pwrstroke Norris lake is about 15 min. from my house used to camp up there alot both at the state park and a private cg I believe the name was Mountain Lake. Headed to the OBX Fri. nite and will start out in Waves NC at Ocean waves campground. Not sure where we will go from there or if we will stay there the whole time. Plan on checking out a few other places while we are there. Last time we stayed at KOA and Frisco Woods. Wabted to try something else this time. Any suggestions about other places??
Hi harley, we have never camped in OBX only rented beach houses. We always stay around Kitty Hawk and I have passed a State Park that is s/o of there but don't have any info on it. Plenty of sight seeing around there, lighthouses, aquariums, the Kitty Hawk museum is cool. If you take 12 (also known as beach road to the locals) all the way north to Corolla, it ends in the sand. If you have 4 wheel drive you can drive further north (w/o camper of course) and drive along the ocean and see the wild mustangs out in the dunes. I believe Waves is in the Hatteras area?? Never been that far south yet. Have fun and keep me posted.
pwrstroke2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #14
Well back home from outer banks wish I was still there. Camped at Cape Hatteras Resort most of the week and Ocean Waves Campground the first 2 nights. Had a great time till the trip home found a speed trap just out of Manteo and now I get to donate to the NC State Trooper Retirement Fund. Pretty good to get a ticket for 20 over pulling a 5er. Crossing the Intercoastal waterway at Mann Harbor the speed limit drops from 60 to 40 just as you get off the bridge and John Law is sitting there waiting. Not too many miles after that there is a bill board with "GOT TICKET ?" on it and the # for a local law firm. How convient is that? All in all a great trip and got to see a lot of beautiful places. Chaparral did great and was enjoyable to stay in. Now on to the next time in a campground. Happy Camping everyone!!
Harleyman 1955 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #15
Howdy....from a fellow East TN fella with a Chaparral 5er.
We haven't had ours long but the trips we have had it on we have loved it!

2011 Ford F-450 4x4 Lariat
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ
Helmsey is offline   Reply With Quote