Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2016, 04:59 PM   #1

Howdy from Texas!

Hello yall! Brand new first time RVer here - hubby and I just purchased the 2017 FR3 32ds - Kind of a long story how we ended up settling for this model but in the end I think it fits our need and seems to be a good entry level coach and one I dont feel too intimidated to get behind the wheel of. Likely in a couple of years we will upgrade to a full size diesel pusher (its what he really wants! but think we need to see what we really NEED and like before jumping that far in financially) We have 4 kids ranging from 21 down to 7 and this will primarily be used to take the boys to the track - our 14 year old is currently rebuilding a miata he bought and converting to a spec racer. The husband races as well. So with this they can convince the rest of us to tag along in this south Texas heat!!! We will likely have a million questions so thought id join up here! We just signed on the coach yesterday and will pick up in a few days. The dealer here seems pretty nice and I think we got a fair deal. After looking at so many coaches in a broad price range we test drove a Georgetown XL(he didnt like the handling here in our wind) and also a Mirada(it drove better but I was underwhelmed at interior quality and seats were SLICK) we saw the FR3 sitting on the lot and had never seen one so looked at it and test drove on a whim and were very pleased with it! Sure its lacking a lot of the bells and whistles and the "high end" look the 369 had but it seems well laid out and can sleep a lot of people. Hubby loved how it drove and handled so we went for it! Id love to hear anyones experiences with theirs of similar model
kerber77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 05:14 PM   #2
Carknocker Family

Welcome from Arkansas! We originally from Texas.
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote