Old 07-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #11
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post

from the countryside north of Dallas.

In what part of the nation of Texas do you live?
Don't know how long you lived there,but did you know that there was once an Air Force Base there called Perrin AFB. It was closed June,1971.

Most of its facilities were later part of Grayson County Airport.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:09 AM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Don't know how long you lived there,but did you know that there was once an Air Force Base there called Perrin AFB. It was closed June,1971.

Most of its facilities were later part of Grayson County Airport.

I was born in a house in the country less than 20 miles from Perrin. Once as a teenager, I was plowing south of the Perrin Field runway and was "overpassed" by a B58 Hustler which almost sucked up my hat!

Perrin is now called North Texas Regional Airport.

We will now return to our regular programming.

Sent (I think)

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:59 PM   #13
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
I was born in a house in the country less than 20 miles from Perrin. Once as a teenager, I was plowing south of the Perrin Field runway and was "overpassed" by a B58 Hustler which almost sucked up my hat!

Perrin is now called North Texas Regional Airport.

We will now return to our regular programming.

Sent (I think)
The B58 Hustler bomber - what an airplane that was.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:30 PM   #14

My dad was based at Perrin during the Korean war. I flew out of the field, Grayson County then, when I was staying with him a few years ago while he was recovering from surgery. The FBO I was flying out of was part owned by Jeana Yeager, copilot on the first round the world unrefueled flight. Got a Voyager poster signed by her, and she spent some time talking to my son when we were in the FBO after a flight. History is all over this country, sometimes you just get lucky and find it.
Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2014, 11:44 PM   #15
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by msires View Post
My dad was based at Perrin during the Korean war. I flew out of the field, Grayson County then, when I was staying with him a few years ago while he was recovering from surgery. The FBO I was flying out of was part owned by Jeana Yeager, copilot on the first round the world unrefueled flight. Got a Voyager poster signed by her, and she spent some time talking to my son when we were in the FBO after a flight. History is all over this country, sometimes you just get lucky and find it.
Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Interesting - I take it Jeana was related to Chuck Yeager. Chucks wife first name was Glennis or something similar.

As far as aviation goes,you're right about history in Texas some of which are long gone,such as AAF training bases like Midland (MAF), the one at Pecos and then there's the Air Force Bases like Big Spring AFB in Big Spring,Biggs AFB in El Paso, Reese AfB in Lubbock,James Connely AFB in Waco,Amarillo AFB in Amarillo and many more in Texas.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:52 PM   #16

Welcome from Weatherford! I've lived all over Texas from time to time... even in some of New Mexico, that was Texas before it was New Mexico...

Lots of good info and help here... and lots of nice folks. I met Herk and B47 while they were in Weatherford last year.

Enjoy... and let us know if we can be of help...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:12 AM   #17

Welcome from the Heartland, glad you found us. AND, thank you for your Service!!!
Old 09-16-2014, 05:51 PM   #18

Who is responsbile

Quote:
Originally Posted by campncrazy View Post
This looks like a great place to meet some new folks. Maybe we will run into some of you all on the road in the near future.
Waiting for our Hemisphere 272rlis to be delivered. Then to possibly do some mods and hit the road.

See ya
Well, Got our Hemisphere 272 RLIS delivered. But, upon inspecting the trailer. The light above the dinette table came loose during delivery. It hit and damaged the table. Spoke with the salesman Aug. 13th about this. Was told that FR would ship the lamp and table top. Still no lamp or table top. Now the salesman says I will check with 2 other guys and see what is going on. Still no reply on who is on first, or second or heck whoever is on the pitchers mound.
Who is should take care of this the dealer or FR?
Told the salesman when we made the deal that we have several friends that were going to be buying new travel trailers. Guess what? So far one of our friends just purchased a new trailer this past weekend from another dealer. Yep, they purchased a FR. We so far love our trailer.
But, dang looks like when the deal is done the dealer (salesman) is done with you. With no return emails and passing the buck this sure does not look like good customer service.
Hope this is the right place to post this. If not please let us know where to post this. Or if possible move this to the correct spot.
In the meantime I l will keep you all informed of the outcome and hopefully post a positive or negative review of either FR or the company that we bought the trailer from

Thanks to all the vets and active military for your service.

Lets go camping
campncrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #19
Site Team

Don't waste your time with your salesman. You are correct - he/she has moved on to another opportunity. Contact your dealership's service manager. From my experience this summer, he is the one who should be assigned your issues.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:08 PM   #20

Welcome and howdy from Pflugerville, Tx.

Someone mentioned the B-58 Hustler. My father-in-law was an instructor pilot in that beast at Little Rock. Oh the stories he tells of that airplane.