Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2020, 12:02 PM   #1

Howdy from Texas! New Flagstaff Micro Lite 22FBS owner

First post so please take it easy on me (LOL!!!). I take ownership of a new 2020 FOREST RIVER RV FLAGSTAFF MICRO LITE 22FBS on Friday. I've owned two travel trailers, two 5th wheels, and two motorhomes in the past. It's down to the wife and I now so this unit fits us well.

Any advice on things to look for during my inspection walk thru on Friday?

Also, Not a fan of the tires (Rock somethings??) that come on the unit. I've heard people call them China Bombs while researching the unit. That may be my first MOD and was wondering what tires are recommended by you guys?

I'm sure I will have more questions down the road, but look forward to your thoughts on these two items. Have a great day!

Tom
HawkTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 12:09 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome from the countryside just outside of Sherman, Texas.

I put Goodyear Endurance tires on mine after 18660 miles on the original bombs.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 12:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Welcome from the countryside just outside of Sherman, Texas.

I put Goodyear Endurance tires on mine after 18660 miles on the original bombs.
Hey Dan! Wow! That is quite a few miles you got on the original bombs. Wonder if I should wait or just go ahead and bite the bullet?
Old 01-29-2020, 12:14 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkTX View Post
Hey Dan! Wow! That is quite a few miles you got on the original bombs. Wonder if I should wait or just go ahead and bite the bullet?
I wouldn't advise one way or the other. I was pretty meticulous about tire pressure... added a TST tire pressure monitor system fairly early. I stuck a piece of wire through the sidewall in southern Illinois and replaced one before the 18K mark. Then a bent axle wore another so I bought a new set.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 12:30 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered and share your experience. RV tire life is more dependent on proper inflation and maintenance then brand name.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:13 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum from South Jersey. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here to help with problems or modifications.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:10 PM   #7

Welcome from SW Ohio ,enjoy your 2020 FR Flagstaff Micro Lite 22FBS TT !
Old 01-30-2020, 05:54 AM   #8

Howdy from Texas! New Flagstaff Micro Lite 22FBS owner

CONGRATULATIONS and welcome from Virginia Beach! On Monday we traded in our 2018 MicroLite 21FBRS for a 2020 Rockwood MiniLite 2205S (same camper as yours) because of the theater seating primarily. We had a thorough walkthrough, learning all the differences on the new trailer.

The gentleman recommended removing and leaving off the panels under the sink in the head and at the bottom of the cabinet between the head and the slide. That gives a little more storage, and more importantly, access to the back side of the water heater, water filter, and wintering valve on the water pump.

To hear TV audio through the stereo, you set the stereo to Video2. To watch a DVD, set the TV to HDMI2 (I believe). The TV does ID the stereo as a source.

The WiFi Ranger Sky4 was an easy set up, but I’m still looking for the router inside if it is even installed. PLEASE ask them if it’s in fact there, where it is and let me know.

Programming the TST display with the internal sensors was easy, and don’t forget to pair the spare. I did this at home and discovered the tires were uniformly inflated to 58 psi. No problem for me, I pumped them all up to 65 with air using my compressor at home. I would have them all (including the spare) checked at the dealer and have them top them up with nitrogen as they’re supposed to be full with N2 per their prominent sticker.

We tested all systems and I chose to not have them winterize it afterwards as we’re taking it out soon. If you’re not going out and there’s a threat of freezing, have them winterize it and watch so you know how to do it.

Propane tanks were full at delivery, and my Mopeka Tank Check confirmed that when I got home.

I transferred my Torklift solar battery box to the tray where their battery was mounted when I got home, and installed my Andersen WDH at the dealer before departing. I also transferred my observation camera from the old to the new camper before leaving the dealer.

Have fun! Looking forward to hearing about the Sky4 if you remember to ask.

Joe
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0505.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	393.4 KB
ID:	222636
Past: 2018 Flagstaff MicroLite 21FBRS
Past: 2005 Flagstaff Classic 625D
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost
marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 11:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinerjoe View Post
CONGRATULATIONS and welcome from Virginia Beach! On Monday we traded in our 2018 MicroLite 21FBRS for a 2020 Rockwood MiniLite 2205S (same camper as yours) because of the theater seating primarily. We had a thorough walkthrough, learning all the differences on the new trailer.

The gentleman recommended removing and leaving off the panels under the sink in the head and at the bottom of the cabinet between the head and the slide. That gives a little more storage, and more importantly, access to the back side of the water heater, water filter, and wintering valve on the water pump.

To hear TV audio through the stereo, you set the stereo to Video2. To watch a DVD, set the TV to HDMI2 (I believe). The TV does ID the stereo as a source.

The WiFi Ranger Sky4 was an easy set up, but I’m still looking for the router inside if it is even installed. PLEASE ask them if it’s in fact there, where it is and let me know.

Programming the TST display with the internal sensors was easy, and don’t forget to pair the spare. I did this at home and discovered the tires were uniformly inflated to 58 psi. No problem for me, I pumped them all up to 65 with air using my compressor at home. I would have them all (including the spare) checked at the dealer and have them top them up with nitrogen as they’re supposed to be full with N2 per their prominent sticker.

We tested all systems and I chose to not have them winterize it afterwards as we’re taking it out soon. If you’re not going out and there’s a threat of freezing, have them winterize it and watch so you know how to do it.

Propane tanks were full at delivery, and my Mopeka Tank Check confirmed that when I got home.

I transferred my Torklift solar battery box to the tray where their battery was mounted when I got home, and installed my Andersen WDH at the dealer before departing. I also transferred my observation camera from the old to the new camper before leaving the dealer.

Have fun! Looking forward to hearing about the Sky4 if you remember to ask.

Joe
Attachment 222636
Joe, I really like that solar battery box! I'll have to order one of those. Thanks for all the details and I will let you know where that router is after my walk thru this Friday.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:55 AM   #10
Multi-Slacker

Welcome from SoCal!
Old 01-30-2020, 07:15 PM   #11
Now a "Top Member"

Welcome from down the road a bit (just north of Houston). Glad to have you aboard, and hope to see you down the road!
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 02:55 PM   #12

Thanks folks. Picked the unit up yesterday and she spent last night in my driveway and then we tucked her into storage this afternoon. Hoping to use her next weekend.
Old 02-01-2020, 03:01 PM   #13

Welcome from Idaho, and congrats on the new RV. Wishing you many happy years with it. Hope to get down to AZ and TX for the month of April, and will living the dream in our MH. Still a little chilly here.
Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:15 PM   #14
The PI Camper

Welcome from the far SW side of Houston.

Tags
flagstaff, lite