Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
eisbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 154
Howdy from Santa Fe about 20 minutes north of Galveston. We just got back from goliad state park. Nice park interesting missions. Missed shiner though. Did bastrop state park, Stephen f Austin and lake Livingston state parks this summer. Matagorda is about two hours from us and have heard really good things about it. There is so much to see in Texas and can't wait to go again. Happy camping
__________________

__________________
eisbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gruene, TX.
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbell View Post
Howdy from Santa Fe about 20 minutes north of Galveston. We just got back from goliad state park. Nice park interesting missions. Missed shiner though. Did bastrop state park, Stephen f Austin and lake Livingston state parks this summer. Matagorda is about two hours from us and have heard really good things about it. There is so much to see in Texas and can't wait to go again. Happy camping
Howdy eisbell... Days are creeping by it seems until we pick up the TT next Friday. Can't wait to get on the road.

Great to link up with another Texas vet. 1 SOW; Det 1; Danang 1971.

Welcome home...
Scratch sends
__________________

__________________
Scratch sends...
'12 nights camped: 12
'13 nights camped: 24
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
eisbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch

Howdy eisbell... Days are creeping by it seems until we pick up the TT next Friday. Can't wait to get on the road.

Great to link up with another Texas vet. 1 SOW; Det 1; Danang 1971.

Welcome home...
Scratch sends
I guess you have picked up your TT by now. Hope all is right with it. Happy camping.
Welcome home brother. I see we were " In country " at the same time. Our rear was Phu Bai. 1/501st 101st AB Airmobile
Hope to see ya on the road one day.
__________________
eisbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #34
Member
 
psaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 75
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbell View Post
Howdy from Santa Fe about 20 minutes north of Galveston. We just got back from goliad state park. Nice park interesting missions. Missed shiner though. Did bastrop state park, Stephen f Austin and lake Livingston state parks this summer. Matagorda is about two hours from us and have heard really good things about it. There is so much to see in Texas and can't wait to go again. Happy camping
Howdy from Corpus Christi eisbell ! We love Goliad and visit it as often as we can. Glad to hear from another Texan.
__________________

2012 Freedom Express 295 RLDS
2011 Ford F-150 Texas Edition
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
psaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:13 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 274
.
we're new here too - Montgomery, Tx - 26BHXL - probably going to Inks Lake SP for our 1st trip, around the end of Sept (there when we had our Roadtrek).....Bill

2012 F150 Platinum 4x4 all options
__________________
Whisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gruene, TX.
Posts: 343
Howdy Whisky.

Great memories of Inks Lake. That's on our short list of near-locations for this fall.

Our maiden voyage was good with just very minor problems. Looking forward to the next one. Blanco State Park, more than likely.

Have a great time...
__________________
Scratch sends...
'12 nights camped: 12
'13 nights camped: 24
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 102
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
Howdy Jester! The wife and I spend a couple nights in Arlington each October as we meet a bunch of guitar pickers there at the Great American Vintage Guitar Show. We have a wonderful time each year, although, Pam takes my wallet away from me when I go into convention center to enjoy the displays.

Our highlight is Saturday evening when we have an Acoustic jam session at the Arlington Sheraton's 'Beach House'... Lots of 60s/70s and folk tunes as you would expect from us geezers. Sunday mornings are always bittersweet as we say goodbye to good friends until the next show.
Ok, so now I have to go to Texas and I don't even have a trailer yet! (tomorrow I will) This Canuck has been listening to Jerry Jeff for decades and for a while listened to New Braunfels radio streaming on the internet when my friends and colleagues would let me. One of my goals is to visit Austin and the High Hill country. I'll have my mandolin along for sure. Retirement beckons and so does the road. Maybe milady & I will meet some of you good folks in some park, some time, somewhere. Welcome Scratch from another newby on the forum.

Oh, I forgot to mention... last week of August we met Chris, Dana & their son Roscoe from the Austin TX area! Chris & family were doing an awesome road trip til he starts his new job. We had a great evening gabbing around the campfire. I introduced him to a nice Nova Scotia pale ale. Chris, if you happen to read this, a big shout out to you and Dana and Roscoe!

Norm & Diane
__________________
2016 Silverado 5.3L Z71 with tow package
2012 Rockwood Mini Lite 1905
Distribution Hitch: Trunnion
Nammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gruene, TX.
Posts: 343
Howdy Nammy!
The welcome mat is always out in these parts. Love to hear that mandolin someday; I can picture sitting around a firepit in a state park doing some bluegrass. I take the old Guild with me most everywhere we go and every now and then come across another picker. Doesn't get any better in my opinion...

Picked up the TT yet?
__________________
Scratch sends...
'12 nights camped: 12
'13 nights camped: 24
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #39
Member
 
katsmeow62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Braunfels, TX
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammy View Post
Ok, so now I have to go to Texas and I don't even have a trailer yet! (tomorrow I will) This Canuck has been listening to Jerry Jeff for decades and for a while listened to New Braunfels radio streaming on the internet when my friends and colleagues would let me. One of my goals is to visit Austin and the High Hill country. I'll have my mandolin along for sure. Retirement beckons and so does the road. Maybe milady & I will meet some of you good folks in some park, some time, somewhere. Welcome Scratch from another newby on the forum.

Oh, I forgot to mention... last week of August we met Chris, Dana & their son Roscoe from the Austin TX area! Chris & family were doing an awesome road trip til he starts his new job. We had a great evening gabbing around the campfire. I introduced him to a nice Nova Scotia pale ale. Chris, if you happen to read this, a big shout out to you and Dana and Roscoe!

Norm & Diane
I live in NEw Braunfels!!! Come on down! Be sure to go to Gruene Hall!
__________________

__________________
2012 31RKOK Sabre 5th Wheel
2005 Dodge 2500 Diesel Pickup
2 spoiled rotten Chihuahuas, Ellie & Gracie!
katsmeow62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.