Old 07-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
Smile Howdy Ya'll from Texas

Hello, my name is Donna and my husband and I are looking to buy a XLR Thunderbolt 395 AMP ToyHauler within the next month or so. We are full timers (currently have a Denali) who need some more "storage" area, a few more feet, and that awesome "patio"...we have been looking for about a month now and those 395s are hard to find !! We have narrowed down our search and have found one in TX, one in La and one in KY...I think we will just order it to get exactly what we want.

We travel the country for my husband's work and the two dogs and I tag along to see this beautiful country of ours. Shadow is a 2 year old Weimaraner and Shoni is an 8 month old Pomtese. We were in Wyoming for the winter (thank goodness it was a mild one) and now we are in Texas for the summer....told hubby he has everything backwards, I want to be in Wyoming for the summer!!

Anyway, if you have any helpful tips about FR or the XLR 395 please let me know (I am kinda worried because my BFF bought a new Cedar Creek and has NOTHING but problems with it and problems with the warranty work with the dealer).. Have a great week! Donna

dctexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
Welcome to the forum!

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (12 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
Site Team
Welcome to the forums! While its common for new RVs to have a fix-it list it usually minor stuff. I also think it can come down to how well your service department does their job.
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
Now a "Top Member"
Welcome DC. Where in Texas are you. Good to see you aboard. Can't help you with these questions, but someone should be along soon that can help.
Ed and Sharon
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS
2011 Ford F-250 XLT, 6.7L PSD
Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote