Old 05-29-2017, 08:02 PM   #1

Isata 3 2016/City water filling fresh water tank

When I hook up to city water- turn the selector to city water apparently it is also flowing into my fresh water tank, after awhile fills the tank to overflowing and comes out the overflow drain. So I have to turn off city water and select my fresh water tank and turn the water pump on. Any Ideas? worked great for over a year but my last 2 outtings has had this problem.

tvlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:28 PM   #2

OK there is a check valve internal of the water pump that is to stop the city water from back flowing into the fresh water tank. As you have stated have turned off the city water and are running off the internal system/pump. Your options are to fill the tank and run internal all the time , or you can have new seals installed in your pump (fixing the back flow issue), or your could open the potable water low point tank drain while running on city water; which will drip all the time but your tank will not/should not fill and over flow.

So how do I know this .... been there and done that lol

fluidone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:40 PM   #3

Thanks

Thank You Fluidone. Been driving me crazy all Memorial day weekend! Kept working thru the water selector thinking it would correct itself. Thanks for your quick response. I'm new to this forum, very useful info here.

Larry
Old 05-29-2017, 10:49 PM   #4

Hey Fluidone, any other problems you've had that I should have to be aware of? We've had the rig 15 months and use it quit a bit and never had a problem with anything else.

Tags
city water, fresh water, tank, water, water tank