Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #1

just bought our first TT

Hello everyone. Just wanted to say Hello. We just bought our first TT. VERY EXCITED.
We purchased a Wildwood X-Lite 281QBXL with the outside kitchen, power everything and a oven. We got it from the Chicago RV for a AWESOME price. Did I say that the family is very excited to use it for the first time, now all we have to wait for is Forest River to build it and deliver it to House Of Camping
scknoll123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #2

how long is it going to take to get it
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #3

Congrats! It is hard to wait for it to come in but well worth the wait. You will find a lot of good information on this forum. I did not by my camper from
House of Camping but I know other that have and had good results. I am from the Chicago area too.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Wildwood X-Lite 281QBXL. Lots of friendly, knowledgable and helpful people here just in case you have any questions.
FYI the excitement will grow as it gets closer to spring and closer to delivery of your new TT. Happy camping!!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill flick View Post
how long is it going to take to get it
End of April
Old 02-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper1999 View Post
Congrats! It is hard to wait for it to come in but well worth the wait. You will find a lot of good information on this forum. I did not by my camper from
House of Camping but I know other that have and had good results. I am from the Chicago area too.
What part? We are from Alsip so HOC is a 15 drive for us, perfect if I have problems or just need some help
Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #7

we just bought our firt travel trailer too. I have a question about the water hook up. When your at a campground that has water you hook up you regulator to your hose and then to their water hookup then to tt. Then you turn your water on, do you leave the water on the whole time you are there or what does the tt shut off and fill back up on its own.
cblaze88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #8

can someone please answer my question. Not to sure on it
Old 02-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #9

You don't have to turn the water off .When using city hook up you don't use your fresh water holding tank
Old 02-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill flick View Post
You don't have to turn the water off .When using city hook up you don't use your fresh water holding tank
Nor the pump.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scknoll123 View Post
What part? We are from Alsip so HOC is a 15 drive for us, perfect if I have problems or just need some help
We are from the far south side, Orland Park area
Old 02-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #12

So you just hook it and go. Thanks
Old 02-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #13

Campground spigot -> pressure regulator -> inline water filter -> hose -> TT hookup. Teflon tape at each connection. If you have an onboard water filter then skip connection 3. First time you turn the water on (slowly) check for leaks under kitchen and bathroom cabinets, toilet, outside shower, etc. Dealer might have done this already but check anyway. Some leave the water on the whole time, others will turn it off at the spigot if they're going to be gone for several hours.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #14

Congrats on the purchase. We ordered a Salem Cruise Lite 281QBXL which is essentially the same trailer and it is due at the dealer within a week. This is also our frist travel trailer and there is tons of valuable info on this forum. Enjoy!
j02kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #15

forgot about the pump
Old 02-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper1999 View Post
We are from the far south side, Orland Park area
Almost neighbors. Do you have a permanent site somewhere or do you travel around? Would like some nice sites to visit with Family
Old 02-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Campground spigot -> pressure regulator -> inline water filter -> hose -> TT hookup. Teflon tape at each connection. If you have an onboard water filter then skip connection 3. First time you turn the water on (slowly) check for leaks under kitchen and bathroom cabinets, toilet, outside shower, etc. Dealer might have done this already but check anyway. Some leave the water on the whole time, others will turn it off at the spigot if they're going to be gone for several hours.
Teflon tape? I need to start using it when hooking up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j02kennedy View Post
Congrats on the purchase. We ordered a Salem Cruise Lite 281QBXL which is essentially the same trailer and it is due at the dealer within a week. This is also our frist travel trailer and there is tons of valuable info on this forum. Enjoy!

Besides having another nice Wildwood unit join the FRF family there's another Cruise Lite unit too. You are right about lots of valuable information available here on the forums...I didn't find this place for several months after taking delivery.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:48 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblaze88 View Post
we just bought our firt travel trailer too. I have a question about the water hook up. When your at a campground that has water you hook up you regulator to your hose and then to their water hookup then to tt. Then you turn your water on, do you leave the water on the whole time you are there or what does the tt shut off and fill back up on its own.
CB.. Congrats on your new TT. When you are camping at a park that has water hookup you connect your TT to the city water connection. You are then running off the parks water pressure. When you camp at a park or remote site with no water you must have fresh water in your holding tank and use your water pump to get water at your spigots/shower. They are 2 completely separate systems.

If you are going to camp at a park that has water you don't need to fill your fresh water tank on your TT. If you are traveling on a long trip you might want to put a few gallons in your tank for emergency use of toilet or for washing hands.

The main use for the fresh water tank is for dry camping. Ie, campgrounds without water. I hope this helps.

Keep asking. We sometimes forget that we were newbies at this also...

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
We turn off the camp spigot if we are leaving the campground. Just less to worry about...

A couple we were camping with last year did not use a pressure regulator, and did not turn the water off when they left. They came back about 4 hours later to find water running out of all their basement doors. Water line on the icemaker had ruptured under the 130 pound pressure at the campground. They had been warned about the high pressure when they arrived. It was a mess to clean up, both in the coach, and in the basement compartments. Now they always use a pressure regulator.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #20

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Always flush----------

At each and every campground hookup, after hooking your hose to the campground water connection and if you are using a external filter , always flush the filter and hose and the piping of the RV park. Do this before you hook the hose to your camper!!! You will be surprised at what comes out of the campground water connection sometimes.

If you are using an external filter at the CG connection, especially if it is a brand new filter, always flush the loose charcoal that is in the filter before connecting to camper.

I always flush my hose, filter, regulator just in case something has crawled into the hose or filter while in storage. Again, you never know if a small mouse has crawled in to the hose!!

When I break camp and disconnect the hose, I drain the hose, coil it up, SCREW THE TWO ENDS TOGETHER , this will help insure nothing can crawl into your hose (roaches, mouse, scorpion) while stored!

Good luck
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote