Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2015, 12:26 PM   #21

Heading out Thursday!! Fingers and toes are crossed! Donna
CharlieandDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:10 PM   #22
bigdaddy1

Safe travels and let us know how the new Cardinal works for you two!

2019 3350RLX
bigdaddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:12 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieandDonna View Post
Heading out Thursday!! Fingers and toes are crossed! Donna
Will be looking forward to hear about your trip, Please let us know how things went. And the most important thing is have fun........

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:16 AM   #24

Well Donna, How was your trip down to Florida? Any problems with overhangs or overpasses? More important are you safe and had a great trip and enjoying that new camper?....

Old 02-16-2015, 02:46 PM   #25

Well...we made it as far as Ohio, we had a "reduced engine light" that came on truck....we lost power & had to pull over two times... shut down truck and restart then it was fine. We had it checked out at a Ford dealership here in Ohio...they claim it's because our hometown Ford dealership did not use synthetic oil? Charged us $200 to change. (Our ford dealership claims they will repay us when we get home.) so the engine check light is off for now… Then we seen a huge snowstorm coming Monday all the way down I 75 so we are staying at our daughters till tomorrow morning(in Ohio) . We are hoping our truck is big enough to haul this rig? Ford dealerships claimed yes it is. We have a friend that is an engineer at Fords he says no… We read to him their brochure that says it does… He says well those are printed in India? So we have had a few sleepless nights here in Ohio. So many conflicting stories about pulling weight and this engine light and the synthic oil issue!!
Old 02-16-2015, 04:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Well...we made it as far as Ohio, we had a "reduced engine light" that came on truck....we lost power & had to pull over two times... shut down truck and restart then it was fine. We had it checked out at a Ford dealership here in Ohio...they claim it's because our hometown Ford dealership did not use synthetic oil? Charged us $200 to change. (Our ford dealership claims they will repay us when we get home.) so the engine check light is off for now… Then we seen a huge snowstorm coming Monday all the way down I 75 so we are staying at our daughters till tomorrow morning(in Ohio) . We are hoping our truck is big enough to haul this rig? Ford dealerships claimed yes it is. We have a friend that is an engineer at Fords he says no… We read to him their brochure that says it does… He says well those are printed in India? So we have had a few sleepless nights here in Ohio. So many conflicting stories about pulling weight and this engine light and the synthic oil issue!!
If you have the f250 super duty with the tow package you can tow that Cardinal. Your pin weight is a little heavier then mine, but no problems and you can see what I pull. Been to Caif. and back down to florida 4 times all over up to Ohio twice. Just take your time. Your pin weight is probably about 3000. You will be fine. It's the same as the f350 just without an extra spring all you can do is add some air bags or an extra spring but it's the same breaks engine turbo and everything plus oil cooler. You will be okay. Do you squat when you connect? If not then your fine. That truck will pull a house. kept us informed of your adventure sounds like you staying about a week yet in Ohio have a nice visit and wait it out. Take care and don't worry..By the way air bags won't add to your tow cap. but would help the squat if you even have one...

Old 02-16-2015, 08:58 PM   #27

What's crazy is the ford brochure says truck itself weighs 6900 pounds, weighed at a weigh station today at 8740... We have the 5th wheel hitch and 1 bike in there with the hitch...Fords is way off on the weight. Now... A new issue... We put the jacks down and now when getting ready to head out in the morning ... We started raising the front jacks, the left side came all the way up and the right side only came up 1/4 of way...then the control panel went completely off. We cannot figure out how to turn it back on, everything is dead at the control panel. Ugg!! Any suggestions?
Old 02-16-2015, 09:30 PM   #28

Sounds like the battery on the RV may be low. These new RV's are very voltage sensitive. When I have this problem I put the legs back down and start the process over again, seems to work, 2nd time around.

Let us know how the rig handles coming thru KY, TN and N. Georgia. Where are you staying in FL?

btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:45 PM   #29

Quote:
What's crazy is the ford brochure says truck itself weighs 6900 pounds, weighed at a weigh station today at 8740... We have the 5th wheel hitch and 1 bike in there with the hitch...Fords is way off on the weight. Now... A new issue... We put the jacks down and now when getting ready to head out in the morning ... We started raising the front jacks, the left side came all the way up and the right side only came up 1/4 of way...then the control panel went completely off. We cannot figure out how to turn it back on, everything is dead at the control panel. Ugg!! Any suggestions?
Make sure your battery is full, Also if it is below 30 degrees there is warning. I would charge the battery and use it in manual mode not auto retrack. You can also pull the plug on the back and replug it in again and that should reset the system. This is a Lipperts system correct? There is also a reset for the motor a red button next to either the reservoir or the motor. Should be located in the front locker. could be a resettable fuse at the motor to. I don't remember.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:23 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by btritschler1437 View Post
Sounds like the battery on the RV may be low. These new RV's are very voltage sensitive. When I have this problem I put the legs back down and start the process over again, seems to work, 2nd time around.

Let us know how the rig handles coming thru KY, TN and N. Georgia. Where are you staying in FL?
We have no power at all to do anything? Will keep you posted on our ride.
Thanks for answering us!! 😄
Old 02-16-2015, 10:57 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Make sure your battery is full, Also if it is below 30 degrees there is warning. I would charge the battery and use it in manual mode not auto retrack. You can also pull the plug on the back and replug it in again and that should reset the system. This is a Lipperts system correct? There is also a reset for the motor a red button next to either the reservoir or the motor. Should be located in the front locker. could be a resettable fuse at the motor to. I don't remember.
Thank you so much..... We found the red button in a plastic box!!! Got it!!! Whew!!! Happy to of also found the switch for the inverter next to it!! Will sleep better....
Old 02-17-2015, 08:14 AM   #32

Quote:
Thank you so much..... We found the red button in a plastic box!!! Got it!!! Whew!!! Happy to of also found the switch for the inverter next to it!! Will sleep better....
Glad to help I'm going to look up that warning about 30 degrees and what they recommend, and get back to you but I think it has to used in manual mode.... PS: yes I"M CORRECT below 30 degrees use manual mode when retracting. I think auto will still work to let them down. By the way a little info on your F250 if your oil level is low your injectors will not work and cut out. Not sure what you read but the GCWR of a F250 3.73 rear end was 32,100 lbs. Did not find the payload. What is on your door sticker?

Old 02-17-2015, 11:35 AM   #33
bigdaddy1

Glad you guys got the jacks to work..I would be at a lost to figure this out but will learn where this reset button is when we do our PDL.

2019 3350RLX
Old 02-17-2015, 11:57 AM   #34

Wish our guy went through more items with us...we picked it up and only 4 degrees out... They had it outside for us to inspect... Very rushed. Never even turned the heat on till we stepped in it. We came from a motorhome, so a 5th wheel is a lil different for us. But love it so far even with the quirks we've had to get through. Truck is running like a champ today (knock on wood) made it to KY. Best thing we've learned about so far... Is this thread!! Thanks everyone!
Old 02-17-2015, 04:46 PM   #35
bigdaddy1

Keep us informed to how the 3850 is pulling and how the trip goes. At least us that are sitting here watching the ice melt can live through your travels. LOL I hope to get my 3850RL in about four to six weeks so that we can get a wheel turn to the Smokies!

2019 3350RLX
Old 02-17-2015, 06:24 PM   #36

It's pulling like a dream! The 3850RL is SOOO beautiful!!! Not so much outside with all the salt right now on it! When we get closer to our destination we will pull in to a truck wash. We just hit Ga.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:25 PM   #37

Quote:
It's pulling like a dream! The 3850RL is SOOO beautiful!!! Not so much outside with all the salt right now on it! When we get closer to our destination we will pull in to a truck wash. We just hit Ga.
Glad to here it, you sound happy now. I still say you got enough truck. Hope the rest of trip go's well.....

Old 04-21-2015, 09:56 AM   #38

Home and all went well. Truck pulled in manual setting just find. Ford dealership states we did need synthetic oil...still not so sure. We thinking hauling in manual solved the issue? Love the 5th wheel. Really no big issues. We found a couple of things… The stovepipes were never hooked up, a couple of pieces of molding fell off which we glued back on, the shower was never caulked on the floor which we could fix that too. The screen door every single screw fell out… The RV dealership told us they filled both gas tanks,well.... while on the road we thought we would turn the furnace on so maybe in a couple hours it would be warm, however, just our luck the tank we had it one they never filled.... froze to death the night on the road in the truck stop, lol. No issues with the height.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:31 AM   #39

Quote:
Home and all went well. Truck pulled in manual setting just find. Ford dealership states we did need synthetic oil...still not so sure. We thinking hauling in manual solved the issue? Love the 5th wheel. Really no big issues. We found a couple of things… The stovepipes were never hooked up, a couple of pieces of molding fell off which we glued back on, the shower was never caulked on the floor which we could fix that too. The screen door every single screw fell out… The RV dealership told us they filled both gas tanks,well.... while on the road we thought we would turn the furnace on so maybe in a couple hours it would be warm, however, just our luck the tank we had it one they never filled.... froze to death the night on the road in the truck stop, lol. No issues with the height.
Glad you got everything under control, all units have some minor problems. It's best to take care of them yourself the dealers really don't care, at least most. I still do not understand the synthetic oil part? So you used tow haul when you mentioned manual? I 'm thinking you could have just been low on oil and that gave you the injector problem. Now just get off all that road grime to protect it.....Glad to here you informed everyone...A lot will not.....

Old 04-23-2015, 04:12 PM   #40
bigdaddy1

We are have a trip plan soon with our new cardinal and I am a ready to see how my F350 handles the rig. I am glad that you made your trip with only minor problems that you were able to overcome. Man, I am ready to park the 3850RL Cardinal next to a big ole lake or mountain stream!

2019 3350RLX

Tags
cardinal