Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2017, 11:56 AM   #21

Okay, thank you. Will call
rwmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmikey View Post
Thanks, found a dealer close by, and will try to get it there
If it is only the wheel bearings, do you know how to change them out yourself? Takes less than hour if you have some basic tools. Do it where it sits... If you do not know how, ask the Dealer if he will send someone to do it. Any 'Auto Dealer' or garage should be able to do this 'on your site'. The cost of someone coming to you will be less because of safety matters and stress on your unit.

Strapping up an axle can be very dangeress. I pulled mine for 8 miles on an interstate on a Sunday afternoon to a CW.... Never again will I risk so much to move a unit that was so easily repaired if I had the right parts (which I got the next morning).

What is your 'true' damage so far? Is the bearing 'shot'? It is already 'gone'. Can you slowly drive it the way it is with the wheel/tire on, to a service center, with out doing damage to the tire and spindle?

Strapping up an axle should be your last resort and even then I would advise against it after having done it once. To much distortion and stress that will over time (or immediately) cause problems.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:51 PM   #23

Be very careful running on 3 wheels. That lone wheel on the one side is going to have a severe overload on the tire, wheel and spindle. That tire is going to be suspect from now on.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 05:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmikey View Post
We just purchased our 31 foot 2016 Vibe new in February. Brought it out three times, and the last, coming from St. Louis, we burned bearings in the rear axle and been on the phone this week trying to find someone or get reimbursed for expenses, but can't seem to get a great answer. Disappointed in the fact, i would think we could get it repaired without constant calls.

I have been told by a local FROG owner that FR takes great care of its people. Hoping to get some response. Definitely rethinking my choice of FR product
Lololololol I will never buy a Forest River product again.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:39 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxie89 View Post
Lololololol I will never buy a Forest River product again.

I just bought my second FR product, when the time comes I'll buy a third. Nothing but great service from FR and my dealers.

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 04:45 PM   #26
PhD, Common Sense

I have purchased one FR product. So far, I am very happy.

Well, I could freak out over the fact that the cable jack doesn't work and I have to connect the cable via the satellite jack.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote