Old 02-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #21
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Hello and welcome to the forums! LOL - when I first saw your picture I thought you were traveling with 5 cats.

Happy & safe travels!
LOL Terier! Thank you and it's funny you said that because when I first put that on FB Mike wasn't at home and in a quick glance he thought I'd picked up two more. LOL

MikeAndKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #22
Originally Posted by LittlePM View Post
Mike and Karen, congrats on the condo on wheels, I hope you have lots of happy miles in her. Happy Retirement.
LOVE you're calling it a "condo on wheels!" I'm going to steal that and get a lot of miles out of it!!! No pun intended!!! LOL

MikeAndKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #23
Congrats and welcome. That is a very nice looking MH. Thanks for posting pictures also. I love to see the different rigs. Looks like the cats will need their own room.LOL Our dog is a bed hog. Can't imagine 5.
Phil and Dianna
2011 Berkshire 390 RB
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:06 PM   #24
Welcome; DW and I are ex-pat Brits and have lived in Washington state for all but three of the years since 1968. Those three (71-74) were in Tidewater VA (Hampton and Newport News) while I worked for one of the engineering contractors at NASA-Langley.

Being used the the UK and WA climates, we found VA to be a major change. People would say "Oh you're from Seattle, where it rains a lot". My response was "Yeah, it rains often, but not very much". Tidewater used to get afternoon summer thunderstorms that dropped 3" of rain in 45 minutes. In the NW, it would take a month of rainy days to even get close to 3".

Although we liked the people and loved the access to history, we were glad to get back here and away from the summer humidity. In Anacortes, sunny summer days are usually about 75 degrees with a humidity around 30%. We get quite a lot of them, as we're in the rain-shadow of the Olympic mountains when the weather is coming from the south-west. Average annual precip is somewhere around 24".

Our kids thought they were being deprived if we didn't visit Yorktown or Jamestown once a week. They were NOT happy about moving back to the NW, where an "ancient fort" was one with vertical wooden-log walls that the soldiers had when fighting the natives. They got used to it eventually!

Enjoy your new rig and your full-timing retirement. We're envious.
Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:15 PM   #25
Congrats and Welcome to the Forum from SW Virginia

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote