Old 02-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #1

Kicklighters

Hello, we are the kicklighter group from Dallas, GA. Recently purchased a 270 RET Crusader from Three Way Camper in Marietta, GA. We are not new to the camping world, just decided that we needed another RV. We currently own a 2003 30' FIS SunnyBrook T/T and is our deeded lot at Talking Rock Creek RV Resort near Carters Lake here in north Georgia. The 5'er was puchased so that we would have something brand new for our planned trip to Alaska in 2013. The Crusader has a lot of features not nomally found in a smaller 5'er, like the rear entertainment center is really nice and very functional. Being a new unit, we have had our share of new unit bugs, some are still ongoing, but Forest River has been on top of everything so far...Look forward to posting lots of photo's from our 2012 summer vacations:

Old 02-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

got some new pics of that rig ?

And WELCOME to the forum!

Old 02-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum!

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #4

Photo's

Here are just a few we have taken thus far..only had the unit out one time...been in shop ever since...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4617.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	10428   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB070050.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	10429   Click image for larger version

Name:	truckandcamper.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	10430  
Old 02-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #5

lkicklight, I have the same unit. I love the floor plan, but have had many problems also. PT has been good about repairs. I sent it back to the factory for repairs ( did not trust dealer ). I see the 270ret has been discontinued as per www.Primetime.com. I can say one thing, the couch is vary uncomfortable. Does your drawer on the couch stay closed after a tow?
Old 02-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #6

Crusader 270 RET

The one and only time we have used the new unit was good, except for the galley dump valve handle missing, along with the TV creaming the Sun-Shade across the back, you know the TV cannot be raised with the Sunshade all the way down!..The towing was wonderful, now swaying as compared to our other RV the Sunnybrook Trailer....when everything gets to working again, I look forward to using it..Have you looked in your plubming area for the by=pass valve...we found it yesterday....oh yes, teh water line connection to city water came loose, hose is about three inch;s to short..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
lkicklight, I have the same unit. I love the floor plan, but have had many problems also. PT has been good about repairs. I sent it back to the factory for repairs ( did not trust dealer ). I see the 270ret has been discontinued as per www.Primetime.com. I can say one thing, the couch is vary uncomfortable. Does your drawer on the couch stay closed after a tow?
Old 02-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #7

Lkicklight.. My TV top clears the shade with no problems. I have looked behind the plumbing access panel with my inspection camera. It looks clean and all wires neatly placed. One of my warranty repairs was that the fresh water fill tub was to long. It caused the fresh water to back-up the tub when you filled the tank. There was a sag in the tub witch cause the water to purge back out of the fill tub. I also had a major problem with the couch slide leaking. It got the carpet wet and the T.V. cabinet wicked up the water. So they had to replace the tv cabinet. The couch slide also had a 3" long screw thru the slide floor, that screw attached the couch, to the floor. Well, the screw was so long, when the slide came in, it ripped the carpet. The factory re-carpeted the living area. By the way, FYI...I found out the slide control module is under the large pan drawer below the stove. The module controls the bedroom/couch slides...see www.lippertcomponents.com Work with the factory warranty rep and I think you will get good results...I did..
Old 02-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #8

Recall

There was a recall on the slide tracks for our Crusader..that was taken care of after we brought it back the first time for service.
Meant ask you, my RCA Unit comes on all by itself with AC Power on the coach..I have read the manual several times and the only thing I can find is in the DVD Source...it is some kind of alarm that has been set and I can't seem to get it turned off..Every morning I go out in the driveway and the stereo is playing..
Help,
Randy

« hello | Happy vibe »