Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2008, 09:18 PM   #1
ARLO

Long time campers

Hi folks,
We are not new to camping. 38 years and ten trailers later, we still love the crackle of a campfire, sunsets at Brennan Beach, the quiet of the Adirondaks etc. We currently have a Holiday Rambler 29cks TT. Our TV is a 2008 F150 super crew equipped to tow 9300 lbs. Beautiful trailer, but too heavy to haul the 10000 miles our next trip is going to take us. We have decided on the Rockwood 8296SS, or the Flagstaff 829fkss. They appear to be a very good value and both get good reviews from most people. With the children gone and retirement around the corner, we and another couple are planning a trip all around the USA. My wife found a book titled 1001 Things To See Before You Die. After my 1999 Wildwood, I swore that I would NEVER buy another Forest River Product because it was a nightmare. We had so many problems with it, we Kept it only 9 months. The rockwood/Flagstaff line seems to be much better and I hope we are not making another mistake.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0493.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1154   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0766.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1155   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0829.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1156  
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:05 AM   #2

With my experience be careful with a Rockwood, it is an ultralite. I have found too many things wrong with the design and quality or maybe a poor QC program for this line. As far as Flagstaff I don't know. Forest River has a new line out called the V-Cross which seems to be a higher quality product.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:00 AM   #3

Hi and welcome to FRF.

Glad ya found us!
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:59 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to SSport
Nice holiday rambler. I grew up in one of them camping every weekend...I love them but unfortuantely they were out of my price range for the size I needed (44ft.) lol. Happy camping! I have a Cherokee and I love it!
SSport is offline   Reply With Quote