Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2018, 02:50 PM   #1

Talking Long time member...returned

~

Hello from Hudson, NC!

A lot has happened, camper wise, since I last posted in 2012. My original camper, a 2003 22' Nash, is long gone replaced by a 2016 Rockwood 2304DS. We loved that camper & fell in love with Rockwood's way of building campers. the local dealer is owned by good people and is 5 miles from the house. When my 2000 F-150 expired, I replaced it with a 2005 F-250 diesel King Ranch Super Duty. It has a few years on it but is is in beautiful condition. We quickly realized we could pull most anything we wanted, now. We weren't restricted by the 7,200 pound towing capacity of the F-150 any longer.

Today we signed papers on a 2017 Rockwood 8289DS Signature Series fifth wheel. It was used by the original owners just over a year. Kept in a covered shelter, it still looks brand new. We take delivery Tuesday or Wednesday.

I joined the forum to learn how to repair the roof on the Nash. I have been reading your comments often, gaining much information along the way. It's my intention to become a more active member from this point forward, that is why I choose to re-introduce myself today.

Thursday we will take the new camper on our maiden voyage to Bandits Roost in Wylkesboro, NC. New camp ground...new camper, to us...very excited!

Thanks for all the good information in the past & I look forward to participating in the future!

Benny

2017 Rockwood Ultra Lite Signature 8289WS
2005 F-250 Super Duty diesel
Pourme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #2

Welcome back! I have a good friend who lives in Hudson. We used to race ATVs and that part of the state is very popular with the ATV racing scene.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:58 PM   #3

Welcome back from SW Virginia "Bassett"

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX450RXC View Post
Welcome back! I have a good friend who lives in Hudson. We used to race ATVs and that part of the state is very popular with the ATV racing scene.
Thanks!
Small world...especially since there aren't that many folks in Hudson!

2017 Rockwood Ultra Lite Signature 8289WS
2005 F-250 Super Duty diesel
Pourme is offline   Reply With Quote