Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2019, 06:43 PM   #1

Talking Looking at first trailer!

Hello all,
Long time desolation camper, 4x4'er, and roof top tent'er.
My wife is in the process of purchasing a new Tacoma, and gave me the ok to start looking at trailers in the next year or two.
After much research and limitations on our tow vehicle, we are set on the No Boundaries NB19.6
The only trouble is its a new model and the only dealers (Pan Pacific RV) that carry NB inventory has terrible reviews and all the prices out here are outrageous. Hoping to learn a lot before our purchase and most likely will make a trip out of our purchase to take advantage of the much lower out of state rates regardless of still paying CA tax.

Can't wait to get into it!
SouthPaw510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:49 PM   #2
Rookie

Have you looked at the Geo Pro or E-Pro 19's? They seem to be very similar with the off-road package; alternate lines from Forest River
Old 09-18-2019, 06:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprovy View Post
Have you looked at the Geo Pro or E-Pro 19's? They seem to be very similar with the off-road package; alternate lines from Forest River
We have. The E-pros were awesome but the thing we fell in love with was the bar layout on the 19.6 NB with the pop out. Also the tandem axle and such a light weight.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:38 PM   #4
Site Team

When we lived in Napa Valley, we found the same problem with NorCal dealers and drove to Chicago and back to get our new HTT.
Saved over $4000, even after trip costs. FR found us local dealers willing to do the warranty work. We could have also used independent RV shops or mobile RV tech.
Never regretted doing this and would do the same thing again.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
When we lived in Napa Valley, we found the same problem with NorCal dealers and drove to Chicago and back to get our new HTT.
Saved over $4000, even after trip costs. FR found us local dealers willing to do the warranty work. We could have also used independent RV shops or mobile RV tech.
Never regretted doing this and would do the same thing again.
That is great to hear! We have been leaning towards Couch’s or another wholesaler/liquidator and then as you did working with FR for local assistance after the fact. Has it been working out for you guys this route?
Old 09-19-2019, 12:29 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPaw510 View Post
That is great to hear! We have been leaning towards Couch’s or another wholesaler/liquidator and then as you did working with FR for local assistance after the fact. Has it been working out for you guys this route?
First, these so-called "wholesalers" are just dealers who sell high volume to get lower prices from the manufacturers. RV Wholesalers and RV Direct were the first nationally known dealers with a large internet presence.
I would look at both of them also.
RVW will meet you anywhere in between for delivery, so you can save on the delivery costs. They also have a national warranty service system. We had lined up delivery in Wyoming until we found a better deal at the dealer in Chicago.
RV Direct(also known as RV One)has pickup in Iowa.

This was back in 2006. Back then, FR offered a 2nd year factory warranty for $100. So we worked with 3 local dealers over the 2 year period, for warranty work. In fact, the last one continued making things right into the 3rd year. We had that trailer for 10 years and sold it for over half what we paid for it.
We bought our current TT from a local dealer that had it for as cheap as any Midwest dealer and did all the warranty work with some arm twisting.[emoji6]
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer