Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2014, 04:30 PM   #21

I also agree with going around and looking at different dealers and RV shows (if there are any around you). That way you can see what's available and get all the info you might need.
Once you decide what you want, then I do have a couple of suggestions for you. First, make sure you get a cover to go over your roof vent. That way you can leave the vent open all the time and have fresh air in the camper or motorhome. If you go with a trailer, get an electric jack on it. These things are a life saver. Also, get a bit that goes on a cordless drill to raise and lower your leveler jacks.
Oh, why get a place for a season? Get out and go to different places and see things. Makes a good learning experience for the grandkids. I know my grandson sure loves going places like that (he's 7). Membership to Goodsam & Passport America can help on cutting a few cost.
benatk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #22

Benatk, I agree with you about getting out and exploring. That is the plan that energized us into getting the Clipper. However... I have a little way to go before retirement and this economy seems to be conspiring to keep me in my present position. My present position does not give me much leeway to taking extended vacations because of my responsibilities. I also have a little sailboat which brings me a great deal of pleasure and enjoying both the boat and TT is limited. However... I keep the boat at a nearby state park year round. It has a campground which accepts TTs. So long weekends of enjoying both until retirement is doable, convenient and glorious! The long trips are still on the horizon in the foreseeable future. But neither the boat or the TT will remain in their respective parking spots for long in the meantime. Gammiecamping, are you listening? Don't wait until the time is just right. I've heard too many stories where that time never comes for some. Start NOW!

TV: Chrysler T&C
TT: Coachmen Clipper 17FQ
MV: West Wight Potter 15
CrifasiRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:22 AM   #23
Always Learning

Mind me asking about your username, GammieCamping? My mother was called "Gammie" by my sister and my kids. I have never heard of anyone else using the term.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:59 AM   #24

My wife and I haved had 5 travel trailers during our 45 years together. Some we were very happy with and one, not so much. The two most important things for us were a good bed and a good bathroom. No matter how many nice "gadgets" the trailer has, bed and bathroom trump everything else. The one were not so happy with had a small bathroom. Good luck.
diesel901 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper