Old 11-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
Looking for your thoughts on a new Sunseeker!

I am new to this forum but enjoying reading all about the Forest River products. We currently have a 30' TT, but want to upgrade to our first class C. I really like alot of the Sunseeker models, just can't decide on which one. We have two children, so the 3010 DS seems like a great choice, however I also like the simplicity of the 2900 (no leaky slides or motors to deal with, and quicker to leave the campsite in..) Any thoughts or opinions?? My wife likes the spaciousness of the 3010...Thanks!

4Gcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
We just bought a 2011 3010DS and so far, it seems like a great floor plan. All of our kids are grown, but we do have a few grandkids. They haven't seen it yet, but I think the Thanksgiving holiday will be exciting for them.

We considered the model with the bunk beds, but decided the 3010 had a better kitchen and that was more important to us. You may look at the bunk bed model. It would have been great when our four kids were younger.

This will be our first experience with slides, but they seem to work well. It only takes a few seconds to bring them in.

Good luck in your search. :-)

Let's Motor!!!

stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
FWIW, I would never be in a camper without slides! It gives you so much more available space, and if they're electric, it's a breeze to move them in and out. If they're "leaky," time to take it back to the dealer! Good luck in your search.
2015 XLR Hyperlite 30HFS5 (mods being performed regularly)
2009 Salem LA 292fkds (gone)
Nights- ('12)23 ('13)23 ('14)15 ('15)31 ('16)25
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2014 VW Jetta TDI (diesel sipper, camping support vehicle)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
Moderators' Assistant
have you had problems with slideouts and their motors?
because the vast majority of RV's now, has at least one slideout.

they've become pretty standard and based on the numbers sold, have very few problems.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
Oklahoma Proud
I don't know anything about sunseekers, but second the slides. We have three kids and their occasional friend or cousin and we have 2 slides on our 5er.

I would bet that slides on a mh are not as deep as on trailers since you need access while moving (I don't know for sure) so I would say more slides the better!
MillerTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
A happy wife makes it a happier tiem for everyone!!!!

I wouldn't focus so much on the amount of time you THINK it takes to break camp because of slides. You still have to fasten things down for the road. Our rig has the same slide idea in the bedroom, and the sliding windows make for good air flow too. Also, just look at the difference of kitchen counter space between the two models you're talking about. With 4 people in such a rig, this WILL make the difference.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
I have a SunSeeker 3100. Love it. One slide and plenty of room for 3 adults and 2 Labs.
A32Deuce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #8
Site Team
I have a RV without any slides and it works for me. However, with 2 or more people not having a slide would be a deal breaker. With a family space can be an important factor among with floorplan. Still not sure? Spend a couple of hours in the unit without slides to see how living in it would be. Does everyone need to take a seat so someone can pass by?

Simple is great but in a short time I think you would be more than ready to upgrade from simple to a unit with advantages like slide outs.

Good luck with your decision.
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #9
Thanks everybody for taking the time to chime in. To answer some of the questions, I currently have a TT with a super slide. The slide works great, but I have had issues with plumbing coming loose, and alway checking for tight connections, but no motor issues. From reading alot of the posts on here about slides I was just concerned I might be "that guy" with an issue. All the dealers tell me that " theyve never heard of a slide problem", but lets face it, not sure if that's true.

@terier; You are right. Spending some extended time in a unti thats more compact may tell the answer i'm looking for. In the 2900 model you would have to be seated to pass by. We really like the 3010 DS as it has so much room for the family. I would just have to make some mods to my carport to get that extra length covered. We did also look at the 2450s. It's a compromise since it has a U dinette slide, and only a 26' coach. Has quite a bit more carrying capacity too. Anyone out there have the 2450?

4Gcampers is offline   Reply With Quote