Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2017, 08:07 PM   #1

looking to purchase first TT

Hello, first time here in this forum. My wife and I have been empty nesters for a while now and are looking at getting a small couples travel trailer for weekend get-a-ways and 1-2 week vacations. No full time RVing planned here.

We have been looking pretty seriously at the Flagstaff Micro Lites and its sister brand Rockwood Mini lite. our favorite floor plan so far is the 21FBRS. Would be interested in any owner reviews of the Micro Lites as to their quality and durability.

Thank you,
Dan
DanJealouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:31 PM   #2
PhD, Common Sense

Check out the R-Pods.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:55 PM   #3

We have the Rockwood Mini Lite 2104S, sister to the Flagstaff 21DS which we purchased in July. Haven't had it long enough to speak to any issues at this point. There are so many personal factors that play into making decisions to purchase one trailer over another. On ours we like the deep dinette slide out, it gives the two of us plenty of room in the main living space. We also like the Murphy bed option since it gives us two seating places during the day, dinette and sofa. We needed a trailer that fit into our driveway since we didn't want to pay storage costs and one that we could tow with our current vehicle. During our shopping exploration one salesperson commented that if we could get 80% of what we wanted in a trailer, we did good. We think there's a lot of truth to that. There are no perfect trailers.
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:39 PM   #4

welcome Dan, my wife and I are 2 years new to camping and this spring took delivery of our new 2018 Flagstaff 25BDS, which would also be described as a couples camper. as far as quality we have found no real issues to speak of, we looked at a lot of campers at the RV shows and dealer lots and as far as we could tell the Flagstaff/Rockwood build quality and features for the dollar seemed to far exceed most other light weight campers we looked at.

we love ours and would and do highly recommend the brand. good luck in your future purchase
sgskad is offline   Reply With Quote