Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2011, 01:38 PM   #1

movin' up

Hello all,
I am new to this forum but have been on popup portal for sometime
My husband and I have been long time tenters and currently have a pup...and have been looking at tt recently--hope to get some good advise from all the vets here!!
Thanks in advance!
beanpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

to the forums! You've come to the right place.
I guess the first place to start would be.
1.What type of Trailer are you thinking about?
2.How many people will be using it?
3.What is the towing capacity of your vehicle?

I'm sure others will tune in. In the meantime we're glad your here.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #3

Welcome to the board ....

We will try to help you in any way we can. Your tow vehicle will limit what you can tow, unless you have plans to upgarde it too. If you tell us what size/lneght TT you are concentrating and your TV, we will throw some ideas out there for you to sift through.

And you WiLL love camping with a TT ! Good luck !
Old 04-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #4

We have a '09 Nissan Titan with tow package...rated for 9500lbs. We are looking seriously at a Microlite 23LB and a Shasta Revere 21'. We really like the Microlite the best...but are VERY nervous about the fiberglass construction...it seems much stiffer but we have read horror stories about delamination...(been reading posts for several weeks...joined today!). We haven't found anything specific to this camper just fiberglass in general. The microlite just seems better overall on the inside...we like the layout and it seems like the cabinets etc. are better quality. Hope to find some owners of Microlite! We will be using the camper for 2 adults and 2 dogs (Aussie. Sheps) and on the rare occasion possibly a friend or small child (niece 2/nephew 5). We are pretty lite travelers and don't need all the bells and whistles...just ready for something we can jump in a go after work without worrying about rain and darkness for setup of our pup.
thanks
Old 04-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #5

Can't really help with advice on tt but wanted to welcome you to the forums!!! I'm sure that you will be able to get any questions you have answered here.

Good luck with your search!!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:20 PM   #6

Here's a few you might consider.
Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Welcome to the forum. I rather like the 23FB, but with the Murphy bed option, so you have a bit more room to spread out on those rainy days. For your stated purpose it should meet your needs. Do note that the bed is only 74" long, shorter than in most pups. Also, the triple bunks are a bit on the small side for an adult, especially the bottom one. Be aware that there is usually a weight limitation on these bunks and check that there is some sort of means to keep small children from falling out of the upper two bunks. On the plus side, the bunks give you extra storage if you are camping alone. Don't worry about the fiberglass; delamination is fairly rare these days.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #8

Thanks for the replies!!
Old 04-06-2011, 10:36 AM   #9
Site Team

if delamination was that big of an issue, companies would be going back to aluminum siding.

you can't always go by posts on forums like these. if you did, then all fiberglass sides delaminate, all slideouts leak, all rubber roofs leak, all hybrids leak, all popups were drafty, all Chinese tires blow, and so on.
forums like these tend to draw posts regarding problems. rarely do those without problems, post that fact. if they did, then the negative posts would be vastly outnumbered.

RV's with the old-style siding, generally now are the lower-end entry level RV's. not all, but most.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #10

...well for us it isn't just the posts...we are usually pretty handy and it just concerns us that if needed, we wouldn't be able to repair ourselves...after warranty. we figure the alum. would be easier to repair etc. but there are pros and cons for both for us...just curious as to what others think/experience.
thanks again