Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2017, 11:13 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiancrew View Post
I found this trailer harder to tow than other models of the same length and weight. With 2 slides behind the rear axle its heavy on the rear and lighter on the tongue than similar trailers. Load the trailer heavy on the front light on the back. Don't have the torsion bars too tight you want a little more weight on the back of the truck. Some tweaking and adjusting weight and we have about 2000 miles this year and 6000 last year on the trailer. Tows great now even in heavy cross winds on the prairies.
Had the "butt lite" problem with a 27" Rockwood Ultra Lite. Too much weight (it was the water tank under the bed in the rear). Draining off the water cured the problem but it was scary. Tightening the spring bars on the hitch made the problem worse. Had the head adjusted incorrectly, too.
elchilero53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:40 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchilero53 View Post
Look at his signature. It's right there.
Yep in my sig. That's why I did not specify it. Much the same truck as the OP. Except I have the 5 liter.

And as just mentioned yes the OEM tires suck. I put a new set of Michilen defender Ltx on the truck last year. But before that I used to pump the Goodyears up to 44 lbs when towing. That really helps. Just walk up to the truck at the back of the box and give it a sideways push and watch the side walls roll. It's a lot better with the new tires. Those Goodyears are like jello.
Canadiancrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshenry View Post
We have the same set up. Keep in mind that Ford puts cushy tires on these rigs. I put KYB shocks and SLT tires on and cured the sway. This year added airbags. Like others have noted put you extras in the front of the trailer and let more of the tongue weight help. We've. Been across country twice with no problems. Make sure your go to good trailer tires.

Just had Michelin defender lt tires installed on rear today. Will check on shocks and airbags. Such a nightmare trying to figure it all out. Thanks for information.
lfann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:32 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshenry View Post
We have the same set up. Keep in mind that Ford puts cushy tires on these rigs. I put KYB shocks and SLT tires on and cured the sway. This year added airbags. Like others have noted put you extras in the front of the trailer and let more of the tongue weight help. We've. Been across country twice with no problems. Make sure your go to good trailer tires.

We love this trailer. Trying to pull with F150 ecoboost. It has power to pull but trouble with handling. Put on truck tires and maybe air bags. Looking for f150 ecoboost with max tow and hd payload pkg which increases from 7200 to 7850.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:03 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfann View Post
We love this trailer. Trying to pull with F150 ecoboost. It has power to pull but trouble with handling. Put on truck tires and maybe air bags. Looking for f150 ecoboost with max tow and hd payload pkg which increases from 7200 to 7850.
The highest payload with the HD Payload Package, is a little over 3000lbs.
Are you talking about GVWR with the 7200-7850 numbers?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
The highest payload with the HD Payload Package, is a little over 3000lbs.
Are you talking about GVWR with the 7200-7850 numbers?

Yes GVWR now is 7200. The payload sticker for tires says 1499. But we put on truck tires on back with payload of 2756 But they don't give us a new sticker for new tires. Someone also told us to turn off the sway control on truck.

Tags
camper, flagstaff