Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #1

My first travel trailer 21FBRS in WV

Hi All, just want to say hello. Bought my 21FBRS Micro lite in February and have used it twice so far. Still learning about it. I am hopeful I can get some answers to questions here. I had plenty on the first trip but things worked out. I got it un-winterized so I guess I am good to go until winter when I have to winterize it. I am pulling it with my 2012 V6 Tacoma which came with the tow package. I drop down to eleven mpg when I tow. Is that normal? I usually average about 18. Also, does everyone level and stabilize their travel trailer when it is just in storage and not being camped in? Thanks, and look forward to your replies.
Like2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #2

Like2fish, welcome to the forum.
Poor MPG while towing is normal. I get about the same numbers you are. I keep my speed between 60-65. It helps with the MPG and the trailer tires are only rated for 65 MPH.
I only worry about leveling when the refrigerator is on or going to be turned on. Other wise I block the tires so it won't roll away, slides in and as long as rain water is running off I'm good.
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:12 PM   #3

Welcome from Wisconsin. Plenty of great fishin' here.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:41 PM   #4

Yes mileage will drop like you said, even worst if your in the mountians or have a high headwind. Ay 60MPH you will get a lot better than running faster.

I always park on wood blocks, level and stabilize anytime I park at home. Less stress on unit I feel.

We just picked up the same camper as yours this past Saturday. Still swapping everything over from our old camper. Went from a 27 foot Fifthwheel with super slide.
TN_VA_CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer