Old 11-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
FT-er Newbie
My Hare-Brained Scheme

Hello, everyone from Athens, Georgia. Just retired, haven't camped since I was a teenager, so I thought I'd go Full-Time.

Single (divorced) and nothing to keep me here in Ga., I'm planning on re-claiming Canadian residency (I have dual citizenship), spending six (good) months there, then six months traveling the warmer climes in winter.

I discovered my truck had the fuel-saving options, not the 'tow-what-you-really-want-to' options, but I'm very happy with my recently-acquired Flagstaff Ultra-Lite.

These forums are a gold-mine, and thank you to the regular contributors. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of the experience of others, perhaps posting my own foibles as I am a very slow learner!

2009 Ford F150 4.6L & 3.55
2002 Flagstaff 26DS - 3900#
Halfmast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
Sounds like a grand idea - please keep us informed of your experiences.

Oh - and Welcomed

B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
Wow! That's jumping in with both feet! Should be a great adventure. So congrats and enjoy.

2005 F-150 FX4
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
Site Team
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your Flagstaff purchase.

2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

I used to be addicted to time travel, but that's all in the past now.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #5
Well now by golly, that's livin' the dream! I'm jealous, except I wanna do that with my better half.

We decided to buy our TT before sense in waiting...and waiting. No one is guaranteed a tomorrow.

Now? (sigh) I don't wanna work anymore!

I've got 7.5 years 'til retirement...and counting down every day.

As stated on the T'giving thread, we're hitched up and ready to roll in the morning. Headed.....ummm....errrr....NORTH!

Enjoy your travels and keep us posted on 'em! Let us live vicariously thru ya!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:41 AM   #6
Your hare-brained scheme is what I have been doing for almost two years in a Georgetown motorhome. I only wish I had become hare-brained sooner!
Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #7
I've been retired for going on 12 years now, Don't full time but do mange to get away every other year for the summer months out west and for the year in between go boondocking about 5 times a year for a week or two in the bush of northern, lower Michighan. I worked with a lot of young guys as my career was winding down and they used to say,"can't wait to retire". I told them not to wish their lives away as you never know what shape you'll be in when the time comes and time flies by faster as you get older. One day you start working and 35 years later it's all over as if it never happened. Besides, unless you're independently wealthy, you have to put in the time to get the means to be able to enjoy retirement. My better half would never fulltime as there isn't enough room in the 5er and a few other 5ers for all her stuff......she doesn't read this squealing, had it......

Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote