Old 06-01-2013, 02:00 AM   #1
JJ (just joined)
need advice on new RV

We have not purchased an RV yet. looking for advice about the Solara 24S or 24R. looks like a nice unit. Is it reliable and workable. And what is the REAL gas mileage I can count on? Thanks.

psutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #2

Welcome to the site, the posters here are full of great info. I would suggest reposting in the RV thread for more suggestions.
I do have a JOKING statement about gas mileage, ďif you have to ask, you canít afford itĒ; my friends always ask and I always say the same thing.
I am a trailer guy and my TV gets 9.6 ml/g towing(13.4 not towing), my boat only gets about 3 ml/g; parents have a 36íRV(V10) and pull a larger toad and they get 6 ml/g.
One of the reasons I would like to change to an RV is to pull a toad with nicer gas mileage. Get to where your going, park the RV and go explore @ 24 ml/g(maybe go electric when I retire and donít have kids)
Have fun

2011 Wildwood T26BHXL
2004 Yukon XL Denali
43yrs of camping; one lucky guy
YoungKopernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
JJ (just joined)
thanks. but the Solara we are looking at is supposed to get 22 mpg when configured as a B model. I have heard 17 as a C model like we are looking at. I really DO need to know. I can afford it, but I don't want to waste money I don't need to on the likes of FUEL.
psutton is offline   Reply With Quote