Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #1

New 233S - 3.5 hrs and counting

Hi,

My wife and I just purchased a 2010 Rockwood Roo 233S. We pick it up this afternoon. Can't wait to get our twin girls (11 months old) into camping!

Maybe we'll run into some of you.
shaferda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #2

Happy Camping!
Wisconsin Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the Roo Kroo!!!!

be sure to post some pics. you're the first i seen on this forum, RV.net's forum and Hybrid Explorer's forum, to buy the new 233S.

and be sure to post hybrid-related questions on the Expandable section here at FRF.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:22 PM   #4

Hi Saferda,

Congrats on the new 233S, we are looking at that trailer as well! I would love to see pics and hearing how you like it.

We have twin boys (15 months) and 2 girls (6 & 2) and we have been camping in a popup all summer and it is getting too tight! We need a bigger trailer.

Happy camping!
kainat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #5
Family of 7, 4 boy 1 grl

Congrats on the 233s! We purchased one 3 weeks ago and love it! I have made some small custom modifications to the storage to make it more "livable" with my clan but it's a perfect fit!! We a family of 7 have been in a pop-up for 5 years and needed lots more space with 4 teenage boys! Looked at shows for last 2 years and settled on the 233s mostly for convenience and towing weight. The dealer was only 1 mile from home. The 3 fold down beds keep you from having to fold table and couch down to beds making morning much more convenient! And having the 2 beds so far in the back the kids can sleep and the wife and I can get up and have our morning coffee without waking them! Best purchase we have ever made!
LDcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDcamp View Post
Congrats on the 233s! We purchased one 3 weeks ago and love it! I have made some small custom modifications to the storage to make it more "livable" with my clan but it's a perfect fit!! We a family of 7 have been in a pop-up for 5 years and needed lots more space with 4 teenage boys! Looked at shows for last 2 years and settled on the 233s mostly for convenience and towing weight. The dealer was only 1 mile from home. The 3 fold down beds keep you from having to fold table and couch down to beds making morning much more convenient! And having the 2 beds so far in the back the kids can sleep and the wife and I can get up and have our morning coffee without waking them! Best purchase we have ever made!
I would love to here about the mods that you made, as storage is the concern that I have about this trailer. This is the trailer that we are thinking of buying.
kainat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #7
BvO

Congrats on your 233s purchase. You will love it...we have had ours for a month and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Welcome to the Forum
BvO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:00 PM   #8
Family of 7, 4 boy 1 grl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kainat View Post
I would love to here about the mods that you made, as storage is the concern that I have about this trailer. This is the trailer that we are thinking of buying.
I put wire shelving in the "wardrobe" cabinet by the bathroom. Each kid gets his/her own for clothes that way no duffel bags laying around. Spent quite a while reinforcing the bottom of the cabinet over the sink to put in a paper towel holder that wont pull down. A few other small things so far but tons of idea's! My next project will be getting the shower to stop leaking all over the floor when we use it and putting abs wallboard on the shower side of the vanity so it doesn't swell from water ( I have to admit I got this mod from another post on here can't remember his name but I will update when I find). Don't have ant pics handy but I will take some n post later.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #9
Family of 7, 4 boy 1 grl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDcamp View Post
I put wire shelving in the "wardrobe" cabinet by the bathroom. Each kid gets his/her own for clothes that way no duffel bags laying around. Spent quite a while reinforcing the bottom of the cabinet over the sink to put in a paper towel holder that wont pull down. A few other small things so far but tons of idea's! My next project will be getting the shower to stop leaking all over the floor when we use it and putting abs wallboard on the shower side of the vanity so it doesn't swell from water ( I have to admit I got this mod from another post on here can't remember his name but I will update when I find). Don't have ant pics handy but I will take some n post later.
Ok.. here is a pic I stole from leafpeeper on the forum for the wallboard on cabinet.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...36062993ddTVFp

He has a ton of pics of mods he has done... must have allot of time on his hands. ;-) He has a 23ss but allot of his mods can be used anywhere. As for your storage question the 233s has allot of storeage just needs a little tweaking!

Tags
233, 233s