Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #1

new

Hello to all. I'm a new member to this forum. We just purchased a new Rockwood 3008W V nose trailer. This is our second trailer the first being a Forrest River Puma 25 RS. Great travel trailer for sure but not for living in for months at a time. The Rockwood pulls as well or perhaps better than my Puma. Less wind resistance and less sway. So far I've only pulled it 2hrs from the dealer to home. Did not have WD or anti sway installed but still towed very well. We leave for our Texas winter stay in early Nov. so will keep you posted. The only question that I have about the unit is that the brochure lists a Satelite radio as standard equipment but after checking with the radio supplier I was informed the radio installed in my new trailer is not a satelite radio. I've contacted my dealer and am waiting for a reply. Just wondering if any one else has this issue. We are generally very please with this RV. Serge
Mac rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac rv
Hello to all. I'm a new member to this forum. We just purchased a new Rockwood 3008W V nose trailer. This is our second trailer the first being a Forrest River Puma 25 RS. Great travel trailer for sure but not for living in for months at a time. The Rockwood pulls as well or perhaps better than my Puma. Less wind resistance and less sway. So far I've only pulled it 2hrs from the dealer to home. Did not have WD or anti sway installed but still towed very well. We leave for our Texas winter stay in early Nov. so will keep you posted. The only question that I have about the unit is that the brochure lists a Satelite radio as standard equipment but after checking with the radio supplier I was informed the radio installed in my new trailer is not a satelite radio. I've contacted my dealer and am waiting for a reply. Just wondering if any one else has this issue. We are generally very please with this RV. Serge
Welcome to the forum !
Congrats on the new unit !

One thing about the brochures information is sometimes from the last years model or worse the next model years equipment .
When I bought my new 12 the brochures in the unit and in the showroom were 13 model year info. It caused us to not have a feature we really liked but did not notice till we were camping the first time.

If it truly had satellite radio there would have been another radio receiver mounted on the wall such as the main one but smaller.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply. Just received a reply of an email sent to my dealer. The dealer manager has sent a copy of my email to the factory. Will keep you posted. Regards Serge
Mac rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #4

I have a 2012 3001W, manufactured December 2011, with Sirius radio. My in-laws have a 2013 3008W, manufactured August 2012, with no satellite radio. I was curious about that too. We have never hooked ours up. Maybe if we stayed in the TT more it might be worth the expense.
I would bet we are not alone in thinking it's not worth the expense in a TT. I would guess that FR did away with it, because there was not many end users, using the service.
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-King
I have a 2012 3001W, manufactured December 2011, with Sirius radio. My in-laws have a 2013 3008W, manufactured August 2012, with no satellite radio. I was curious about that too. We have never hooked ours up. Maybe if we stayed in the TT more it might be worth the expense.
I would bet we are not alone in thinking it's not worth the expense in a TT. I would guess that FR did away with it, because there was not many end users, using the service.
We had one if our flagstaff original equipment . We used it 6 mo. And really didn't use it .

Now with Pandora and I heart radio apps on your android or I phone who needs to pay for expensIve satellite radio when you can get the same thing for free.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac rv View Post
Did not have WD or anti sway installed but still towed very well. We leave for our Texas winter stay in early Nov.
Not telling you what to do, but I would think twice about not using a WDH and sway control. That's a long and heavy TT...

My father in-law saw a wreck not to long ago, where a Suburban was pulling a TT over 30', it started swaying and eventually flipped the TT and TV. He stoped and helped the people out, no one was heart bad. Went back and looked at the hitch, no WD or sway control. Asked the driver where they were. His response was "I've driven from Michigan to Florida and back without one." My father in-law pointed out that he was not back, he was in Tennessee.

IMO you may not need them, but when you realize you do, it's too late.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #7

Oh yea.... Welcome to the forum...