Old 03-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #1

New 3010DS

Hi All: First-time RV'ers and just purchased a 2012 Sunseeker 3010DS with EVERYTHING I could find on it. We love it, albeit only 2 days old. Plan on using it for some "local" tripts first to get our bearings then head out to further spots.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
camping

to the forum and congrats!!!

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #3

Congrats on your new Sunseeker 3010ds. We went back and forth between the 3010ds and the 3170ds. Loved the counter space in the 3010 but we finally decided we needed the kid zone(4 grandchildren that travel with us often), so we needed the sleeping areas more. We are waiting for ours, hope to have it by the end of March. So ready to start this camping season. Hope you enjoy your new Sunseeker, maybe we will see you out on the road some time.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #4

We are the proud owners of a 2012 Sunseeker 3170DS. We have not used it yet since it is winterized. I think in a couple of weeks it will time to take her out on her maiden voyage. Every time I go out I pick more 'stuff' up. All I need now is a Table for my Q100 Grill and I think we are ready to roll Oh, and a couple of chairs and a mat. (It seems to be a never ending list). I hate to report but, so far am averaging 6.3mpg!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #5

Capndinghy,
Awesome to find someone with the exact year and model as we are getting. I can hardly wait to get ours. Expected to arrive mid to late March. We had a 31 foot motorhome for 10 years, loved it but as the grandkids started coming we decided we need something with a slide. So we went to a 30 ft travel trailer. We have had it barely 2 years and DH said no way, we are going back to a motorhome. This is our first Forest River, we just fell in love with the kid zone. DH did not like going back to hitching and unhitching, leveling, set up and tear downs were just not sitting well with him. We got spoiled those 10 years. Plus, I occasionally go camping without him and the 30' TT was not something I could do by myself.
We are aware of the not so good gas mileage, but really our 3/4 ton truck hauling the 30' TT didn't do much better. We will take the ease for the low mileage. You only live once, right! Keep me posted on the things you figure out about "our trailers" and we will do the same. Maybe we will see each other down the road.

2012 Sunseeker 3170ds
Toad: 2009 HHR
2009 150cc Scooters
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #6

Dear Rene and Bill:
I responded but am not sure it went out so I will re do it. This is our first motor home and we are too are very excited about it. We purchased our Sunseeker at the Ft. Worth RV Show on the spur of the moment. We had always discussed RVing and decided what the hell. I feel better seeing an experiienced RVer choosing the same model I did. It validates my naivateity.
Gas mileage (or lack thereof) just comes with the territory. We do not have a toad (yet) but I am sure that will be next on our list, so I may be asking for advice on that. We have not taken ours out yet since it is winterized but hope to the first week of April. I look forward to visiting with you and I too hope our paths may cross 'on the road'.
Regards,
Chuck aka Cap
PS: Email is capndinghy@gmail.com and same for Face Book if you are interested in that.