Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #1

New 356QBQ on the shores in Oklahoma

Greetings folks... just took delivery of a new 2014 356QBQ Hemisphere... lovin' it and lookin' forward to checkin' out the mods / extras / tips-n-tricks in the forum.

It's going to take me a while to figure this thing out so be patient as I kerfuffle my way through this monster. :P

"If I am unable to make the gods above relent, I shall move Hades." -Virgil (The Aeneid)
Okie Dokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #2

I should have read the forum prior to emptying Gray Tank #2 (as a first time camper)... apparently the valve was open when I pulled the cap off. I got to fill the #1 tank a little more, maybe a lot more... sux to be a noob!

Any good threads on TTPs for hooking up an RV with 2 tanks, the manual is worthless since it has no procedures for this RV and is more general guidance? Pictures help, remember I'm the guy who sprayed human waste in his face.

Sincerely,
"Potty Mouth"

"If I am unable to make the gods above relent, I shall move Hades." -Virgil (The Aeneid)
Old 06-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 2014 Salem Hemisphere 356QBQ. Don't worry, you'll figure it all out.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #4

Well, despite the lack luster 106°F temps today, coolin' off in the gray water, and installing the slide stands... all in all, good first full day in a new RV. 4 hours on the lake, wife was able to see my son wakeboarding from the kitchen (too cool). Came home and got good use out of the outdoor grill / kitchen.

...good times!

Old 06-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #5

welcome to the forum. Im picking up the sister to your camper, the heritage glen 356qbq this week. Where is the city water connection at? I can't remember. Is it inside the front compartment and if so do you have to leave the compartment open all the time then? Thanks.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Dokey View Post
Well, despite the lack luster 106°F temps today, coolin' off in the gray water, and installing the slide stands... all in all, good first full day in a new RV. 4 hours on the lake, wife was able to see my son wakeboarding from the kitchen (too cool). Came home and got good use out of the outdoor grill / kitchen.

...good times!
Install slide stands?? If you mean putting stands under the slides, that will lead to a multitude of problems. Most manuals caution against it.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #7

Is that right? I picked them up because of vibrations in the living area when the kids were in the bunkhouse playing X-Box. Any good threads you can recommend for my understanding would be helpful. Did a quick search and found this thread.

Slide Stands removed... Thanks for the heads up.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
welcome to the forum. Im picking up the sister to your camper, the heritage glen 356qbq this week. Where is the city water connection at? I can't remember. Is it inside the front compartment and if so do you have to leave the compartment open all the time then? Thanks.

I went out to take pictures of the connection on ours. I hope this helps. In short, the freshwater connection is on the left side of the main storage compartment. The hose feeds through the rubber boot in the bottom of the compartment and allows you to lock / close the compartment when not in use.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Freshwater Hookup.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	34269  

Old 06-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #9

Yes that helps a lot. I was thinking I didnt remember seeing an exterior hookup like my old TT and was wondering how they designed that to keep the compartment door shut. One more quick question, is there and sewer hose storage? Thanks
Old 06-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #10

I have not found a specific location to store them, however in the picture to the right where the service line comes in you'll see there's a clean-out hose and shelf that steps down from the main compartment. That's where I have my sewer hoses stored (I took them out for the picture so you can see the rubber boot easily.

It's probably not perfect, but you can clean them out after removal and put them on that shelf and they don't move around nor contaminate anything else. I also have a plastic bin ($10) in which I drilled holes in the bottom. I put all 4 hoses in it just in case something shifts over during transit.