Old 08-05-2015, 10:25 AM   #1

NEW

Seems appropriate title (just NEW)...lol.

I have a ton of questions. I had initially logged into the "Roo" section under the repair tab, but decided to post here first.

I don't have the exact year of the camper on hand (but can get it later).
It is a 21' Rockwood Roo, expandable in pretty bad shape currently.

*Will have lots of questions coming!!
lol

The camper actually belongs to my grandfather and was purchased by my brother (for him), pretty much site-unseen, as a place for me to stay to get me out of his (my brother's) house while I am injured and unemployable...

Long story involving a shoulder injury.
:-)

Anyway, the camper has a bad roof (very), bad/no floor, possible wall issues and 2 expandable ends, with their own issues (bad "floors", bad canopies, etc) that my grandfather doesn't want (ie, he wants it fully enclosed).

I have been all over the internet and have found quite a bit about repairing the roof and floor (although I am open to more). I have found NOTHING relating to enclosing the ends completely (is this unheard of or something??) and haven't even begun looking for dealing with issues in the walls............

Help?? Where and what should I post??

Thanks bunches.
Lori

Old 08-05-2015, 10:43 AM   #2

**He's actually trying to just sell it and get his money back, but was offered $75 on the last viewing (nobody else is as gullible, I quess :-( ) "He"/my brother paid $1000 for the rolling heap :-( ...so I am trying to help him see what we can do to make it livable, if that's even possible...???????

Old 08-05-2015, 11:16 AM   #3
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Hi and welcome to the forum. What is the age of the camper? From the sounds of it might cost you than what is worth to fix, Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:21 AM   #4

"I don't have the exact year of the camper on hand (but can get it later)."

I am not there right now, will have to check when I go back over there tomorrow...I want to think its like 2008 2010...??
Old 08-05-2015, 11:27 AM   #5

** I was also checking for a message thread I had with another person that came to look at it. I know I had told him the year, but I deleted it...
:-(
Old 08-05-2015, 02:17 PM   #6
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karacell View Post
I have found NOTHING relating to enclosing the ends completely (is this unheard of or something??) and haven't even begun looking for dealing with issues in the walls............

Help?? Where and what should I post??

Thanks bunches.
Lori
you probably can't find anything because virtually no one would do this.
defeats the purpose of a hybrid, lowers the value of the trailer, would be a huge project.
most that owned one with this much damage, wouldn't repair it.

i guess you could take out the bunk doors and put plywood over the openings and seal it off.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 02:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
you probably can't find anything because virtually no one would do this.
defeats the purpose of a hybrid, lowers the value of the trailer, would be a huge project.
most that owned one with this much damage, wouldn't repair it.

i guess you could take out the bunk doors and put plywood over the openings and seal it off.
yeah, I'd consider doing that and just using the dinette or couch (assuming it has one) as beds.
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 02:58 PM   #8

Hopefully your making it sound worse than it is. (You'll never get hired as a salesman for a dealership). It sounds like your looking for a stationary home to stay in while you recoop? Vs trying to fix it up to make it a useable camper? First, are you ready to take on the task to do all that carpentry work with a bad shoulder? If it has that much water damage inside, could there be a mold issue which really wouldn't be adviseable to live in.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:39 PM   #9

Nope, definitely not in sales...lol.

Correct, my gp has been looking for "something" that he can get away in in the backyard (from my grandma...lol)...........so he had my brother search for him to get it started since I need a place also. And this is what my brother brought. :-(

As above he's trying to just sell it to get his money back and try again, but the 3 people that have come to look at it all have the same feeling as him...too much work. Another lady is coming Saturday, but I imagine she will have the same thoughts (I'm hoping she won't!! But, no, I'm not optimistic)...lol.

As for the work involved and the possible mold...I really can't say. Its probably a possibility...

My brother, cousins, uncles, etc. will help if its doable to repair...but until we start taking it apart we wont know the extent and if its outrageous to repair, it wont happen...

He may just have to cut his losses...
Old 08-05-2015, 06:40 PM   #10

Thanks everyone for all the responses, btw
:-)