Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #1

New A Frame Owner

Hello from Central Florida. Today we go and pick up our new Rockwood A Frame travel trailer. I don't see a lot of A frame forums and since we are new to this unit I am going to need a lot of advice.
djtouchfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Ask for a proper pdi inspection and make sure you are
Very familiar with the units systems and how they work
Before you are done with your pdi.
Ask how everything works and have them show you.

Congrats on the new unit! Have fun! And welcome!

Ps ask about EVERYTHING!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #3

LM
loganmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #4

Welcome! Remember to come hang out some in the Tent Camper and AFrame sub forum here at frf.

Take a note pad to the delivery and take notes, that helps cause the glorious smell of the new camper is distracting
Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #5

This was helpful advice & words I remembered when we had our walkthru. Thanks (from me, too) to those who shared in this topic!
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:46 AM   #6

Panel Will Not Seal

We are finally ready for our first try at camping with our new Rockwood A Frame. We noticed, as we test our ability to setup and take down the camper, the door side panel has a slight light leak on the right hand side when securing the lever. The dealer said that seal does not have to be tight because of the design of the panel and no worries of a water leak. The panel on the other side has a nice tight seal. A technican actually came to our house to see if there was a problem and he agreed the light leak was so small that it would not be a proble. Any ideas?
Thanks,
David Touch
djtouchfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtouchfla View Post
We are finally ready for our first try at camping with our new Rockwood A Frame. We noticed, as we test our ability to setup and take down the camper, the door side panel has a slight light leak on the right hand side when securing the lever. The dealer said that seal does not have to be tight because of the design of the panel and no worries of a water leak. The panel on the other side has a nice tight seal. A technican actually came to our house to see if there was a problem and he agreed the light leak was so small that it would not be a proble. Any ideas?
Thanks,
David Touch
I have the same light leak on the door panel on the bed side of our A122, it has not been an issue for us yet, as the design of the roof cap over those panels prohibits rain entry.

It is possible a slight adjustment of the leveling jacks may minimize that light leak?, I haven't tried that yet but these panels are pretty flexible.

Above the basic camper box the design is not incredibly rigid, I'd describe it more like finessed house of cards sort of engineering, panels set into pockets and each other to make an efficient and reasonably stable shelter that is easy to put up and take down.

Tags
a-frame