Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #21

Thank you all SO much for the information. Found a used KZ Spree 240BH...hadn't even considered this, but was looking at used campers (just for the heck of it) and found a 2007 that looks beautiful. Weighs more than the Rockwood, but we'll definitely be careful not to overload the Sport Track...and get a WDH and anti sway. Or, we'll just order our Rockwood and won't even come close to taxing the limit of the TV...which is better for the vehicle.

I feel much more informed. :-)
+ 1 canoe (with fishing equipment)
+ 1 yellow lab
A great time had by all!!
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #22
Site Team

Shopping for an RV can be fun but as you are finding out it does require some work with the decision making part. So many options, so many choices, how does one ever choose?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #23

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswartz View Post
You might look here Wana RV Center . They are locater near the factory not far from my home town. Their prices are very close to RVwholsale in OH as well.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! We've been VERY impressed with this dealer and today we put a down payment on the K-Z Spree...They're going to put our WDH and the anti-sway bars on the truck. I was so happy with every conversation I had with this dealer so far. I do realize they probably make more money selling a used camper than a new one, but I was still very impressed with how they helped us make this decision...and only because we asked for help. Plus, even when we get out there to see the camper, if we're not as thrilled with it as we think we will be, they'll let us transfer our deposit and put it towards ordering a Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 (yup, got that in writing).

Gonna have to change my signature...no more crying!!!
Thank you all...so much!!!
+ 1 yellow lab
Old 10-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #24

I hope it works out well & you have a great time camping as well. When do you pick it up?

Added.
I just looked at the web page & your trailer pictures look super.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswartz View Post
I hope it works out well & you have a great time camping as well. When do you pick it up?

Added.
I just looked at the web page & your trailer pictures look super.

Awwww, thanks. We think it looks pretty darn fantastic, too!! Can you believe it is a 2007???? LOVE the extra door at the back...kids will finally get to take their bikes camping!! Original owners were from Florida, so there's probably little, if any damage from salt.

My DH has one of those jobs that is really hard to leave, so it's going to be a couple weeks before we can go pick it up. Meanwhile I've been reading forums about sway control and hitch problems and now I'm thinking we'll have to spend $3000 on a Hensley or Propride hitch! AHHHHHH!! How will we ever control the SWAY???? I know...I'm in panic mode because I always need to have something to worry about...but no worries. We'll just be extra careful before we leave the dealer and make sure we feel very comfortable towing the trailer.

We'll have a 9 hour trip home and drive all the way through WV. If we can make it there, we'll make it anywhere... Yes, we're having them make sure the brakes work REALLY well.
+ 1 yellow lab

Tags
mini lite rockwood, wildwood