Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2015, 09:19 PM   #1

New Cherokee Grey Wolf 27rr and ON THE ROAD!

I just picked up my 27rr yesterday and spent the day loading it, weighing it, and setting up the equalizer weight distribution hitch. It was a crazy busy day but got everything set up. I ended up with 1100 pound of hitch weight which puts me right on my pay load capacity weighed at the scale. But, I was not carrying my Vic motorcycle in the garage which will lighten the tongue considerably. I am thinking about adding some weight to the garage when I am not hauling the motorcycle. Other than the weight issue it pulled like a dream with my 2012 Silverado 1500. I have the 6.2 motor and it had no problems EVEN WITH A 25 MPH cross wind when I left home. I could definitely feel the TT but was more than manageable and I did not feel stressed at all from the driving. I know a 3/4 or 1 ton would pull it better, but I loved the power and maneuverability throughout the trip with what I have.vWe traveled to St. Louis, (about 400 miles) and it was a great experience. We stopped overnight at a Walmart and the Furnace kept us plenty warm with a low right around 40.

I have watched videos, read blogs, researched, and read this forum for months before getting my TT. It all paid off in setting up the WD hitch and setting up at the campsite. I got everything level and had no major issues. I really did a close inspection on every single system and found everything working great. I had a little difficulty with the Hot Water Heater. It is working but not sure how to get it to work on Propane, if I need it. There is supposed to be some switch somewhere that I need to find.

I am very happy with everything and thank Forest River for such a great product. I think my dealer could have been more "Customer Service" oriented. I won't mention the dealer. My walk through was rushed and the unit was terribly dirty throughout. We are slowly getting it cleaned up, but it was not what it should have been. I am also a little disappointed with the manuals and operation guides for everything. They are not very thorough. But, that also is a minor detail.

Other than these comments, I will keep posting as i run across new issues or things I am not sure of. I know many of you here are experts and love to hear your wisdom.
Rhoadzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:30 PM   #2

Grey wolf 27rr

Congrats, Rhoadzie on your 27rr. Our first toy hauler was a 19rr, in 2011. Totally loved it! It towed great, everything worked, and price was right. We traded it this year for a fr29fqc only because the ramp and door was only 63" wide. Real tight fit for our RZR.
You are so right about the manuals. They cover everything from the biggest motor home to the smallest tent camper. I wish they would be more specific to the model we actually buy. You guys have fun and enjoy the TT. Still a month away from camping for us here in South Dakota.
Rugman1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:00 AM   #3

Congrats on your new Cherokee Grey Wolf 27rr!
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee, grey wolf