Old 07-27-2015, 11:02 AM   #11
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
That is awesome! One thing though, I did not know there were CGs out there that would let you run a hardwire to your camper - that would be awesome for those who needed it! How do you arrange this (not for me per se, but I am curious).

Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 01:45 PM   #12
"Just living the dream"
Welcome from Ontario, Canada....

Chunkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 03:06 AM   #13
So far every RV park I've called and asked if we coule have whatever cable company services the park come out and hardware our rig, they've said no problem. We of course have to pay to do that, and that can get a little expensive. It just depends on what needs to be done, and it could be as easy as a $20 fee to a steep $100. But for us, that's so much cheaper than any other alternative and it's just one of those expenses we have to budget for in order to live this lifestyle.
In comparison, when we looked into purchasing the huge amount of wireless data my husband would need for his work, it would have run us around $500 a month, give or take $100. So yeah, paying the fee is much cheaper.
I've also come across a surprising number of RV parks that already have Internet hardwired to their sites, especially in the designated month or longer sites. More and more parks are realizing that providing really good Internet to their customers can make a huge difference. It absolutely hands down does for us and I think that if more people in the community started talking to RV parks and encourage them to really invest in making sure their park has really good Internet access, it could encourage a whole bunch more people to RV.

afulltimefamily is offline   Reply With Quote