Old 03-14-2011, 07:57 AM   #1

new flagstaff 23lb

hello, we just ordered a flagstaff 23lb with murphy bed option, and double bunks with extra storage. should be coming in around the 1st week of may.. we are new to the whole camping thing, have talked about if for a few years but this year we decided to do it ( when gas prices are the highest go figure..lol) we are so excited! i dont know who is more happy, us, or our two kids, ages 9 and 11. as soon as we get our vin number we are going to start making some reservations. just wanted to say hello, and thank you everyone for all your great info on here, i feel like im addicted to this website already. does anyone have the murphy bed option? i have not heard too many people with it, just wondering what anyone's thoughts were on it. thank you again!, Chris , and Ami + kids

Old 03-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

to the forum !!!

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
Wanna Be Camper

A big ditto to what Chap said. Take a look around as there are many threads with answers to just about anything you can think of and if you can't find an answer just ask as there are many knowledgeable people on here.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
to the forum !!!
X2!
Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #5

Location: No longer own a Forest River product, but enjoy the info on this site
Welcome and congratulations on your purchase. you'll enjoy the murphy bed option. it adds a lot of room to an already great floor plan. it's nice to have the flexibility -- couch or bed. I saw one at the Denver rv show and the factory rep demonstrated the use of the bed... it looks like a great option.

look forward to seeing photos of your camper in use!

your kids will really enjoy it this summer!

Darren

first camp-out of the season in 8 days! tick... tock...
Old 03-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #6

I am waiting for the Rockwood Mini Lite ETC 185, which also has double bunks and the murphy bed option. I liked the idea of being able to use the bed, but then put it away for the day and have that extra space to use in the trailer.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #7

i know! I dont know why that has not been popular, i think it's a great idea to have more room with the bed being hidden away. we were looking at the rockwood, but the dealer that sold the flagstaff was more helpful. they are basically the same anyway. when does yours come in?
Old 03-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #8

mine was ordered mid February, and I"m waiting to hear on when it will be ready. (I just posted a thread on that!) I was told 7-8 weeks. Is the Flagstaff you got the same version of the Rockwood ETC? (ultra light?)
Old 03-15-2011, 06:39 AM   #9

no, we looked at that one, but we wanted something just a little bit bigger...and also we wanted a sofa, this one had everything we need... it is the flagstaff version of the rockwood 2306. we got the cherry wood with the leaf material on the furniture. this is going to be the longest wait, i think... LOL!
Old 03-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #10

Didn't Tom Petty sing "waiting is the hardest part" lol, but anyway, we are in the same boat momtovn. We ordered our 23lb on Feb 15 and our dealer is expecting it by the end of next week which will be right at 6.5 weeks. We opted to not get the Murphy bed due to storage and our two dogs will hang on the bed when we are out Keep us updated on when you get it and how you like it, I will do the same.

Tags
23lb