Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2011, 12:37 PM   #1

New Flagstaff 831BHDS owner in South Carolina

Hi folks!! My wife and I just purchased a 2012 FR Flagstaff 831BHDS for our family of 4 (plus 2 dogs.....so technically 6). We take delivery this Friday...and spend our first night in our dealers camp ground. We're towing with a 2000 Suburban 1500 with heavy duty towing package.

This is the first camper I've owned in years and a lot has changed. Does anyone have any recommendations on "must haves" that I can start gathering prior to us picking it up. We're starting from scratch and I'm a bit nervous that I won't be as well prepared as I like to be.

Thanks!
CamperJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
Site Team

Congrats on the new rig!

Upgrade the sewer hose from the thin cheap one in the new owner package. Once you see the difference you will understand.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #3

Thanks!! I saw the Rhinoflex setup this past weekend in the dealership store and it looked like a great option so I'll be sure to pick one up before our maiden voyage.
CamperJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
The Old Man

You probably won't need it at the dealer's campground, but get some good power extensions for going from 30amp service to 20amp or 15amp. Check your power panel for the size/type of fuses it has and buy a set to match as backup. Get a battery charger to keep your batteries fresh when they aren't being used (e.g., in your driveway or at a storage lot). And finally, if you can spare a little more money, an inline surge protector is good insurance.

Power Grip Electrical Adapters - Product - Camping World
Walmart.com: Performance W5368 120-Piece Fuse Assortment: Automotive
Deltran Corp - Battery Tender Junior - Battery Accessories - Camping World
Voltage Converters - Surge Protectors - Camping World

Still to go: AK, NL, NT, NU, YT
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote