Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by garycarson View Post
I have read thru every piece of lit. (1000's of pages) several times and haven't seen anything about warranty at all. You would think that something as important as that the dealer would tell you about it and stick it up in your face.
The dealer would much prefer you purchase the extended warranty that they sell.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #22

Orin,Post# 17 ?? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I don't understand what you just said? I think you said,(Yes I knew about the Forest River 2nd year Warr), But your Dealer took the Info and Card out of the Paperwork and Trailer Before you Purchased it or had your PDI? Will (Good Sam) cover Bumper to Bumper like F/R? Like Cab doors,entry door,windows,ect.? Youroo!!
Of course not.

The 2nd year warranty form can be found here though if it is missing...

http://www.disruptiveweb.com/images/warranty_addon.pdf
Old 12-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #24

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Well, tomorrow I pickup a 2014 832IKBs. Well, if I get through PDI that is

I have not rv'd since my folks had a 23 foot Nomad many, many years ago.

I'm towing with a 2011 Toyota Tundra Platinum...

This should be fun.
Congrats on the purchase! Hope you like yours as much as we like ours. Picked it up in late Apr.. put 2K on it in Jun.. then did a little over 4500 more in Sept - Nov.. and just now getting caught up from that run! Had a few bugs... and a couple recall on things, but think all that's behind us. Got her tucked in for winter now, but can't wait till first run next year!
woody9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody9 View Post
Congrats on the purchase! Hope you like yours as much as we like ours. Picked it up in late Apr.. put 2K on it in Jun.. then did a little over 4500 more in Sept - Nov.. and just now getting caught up from that run! Had a few bugs... and a couple recall on things, but think all that's behind us. Got her tucked in for winter now, but can't wait till first run next year!
Mine has a later production date, but I would be interested in recalls you encountered. I think my frig may actually be included in one.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #26

MFR date was 8 April on ours.. and delivery on 26th.. (fairly quick shipment i'd say!)..
During our Jun trip we experienced that FCI lock issue (if key pulled @ 9:00 position, unable to re-insert key to do ANYTHING). FR denied it being their issue.. and repeated dialog with FCI convinced them what while my lock number wasn't formally IN those recalled, the defect was exactly like the recall and then sent me a replacement. R&R was on me as well as the locksmith fees experienced during the trip. Continued dialog with FCI resulted in them (FINALLY) reimbursing me for the locksmith as well.
The 2nd recall was on the Dometic power awning motors. Both serial numbers were in the recall range.. and they sent a guy out to the house later that same week as they did NOT want the trailer moved until things were corrected. (I can imagine one of those unfurling @ speed could result in nearly pulling the side off a trailer.. but just my guess).

Also had an issue with the WFCO power inverter. It developed a high pitch whine when 2 or more 12v lights were on simultaneously. Or maybe I have dog hearing?? WFCO sent a replacement board after going through their troubleshooting. I had to secure it with a CC 'in case' the defective board tested good. About 60 days later my CC got zapped for the replacement.. and the original board came back to me. I swapped it back, and low and behold it no longer made that noise under ANY 12V load.
I bugged them about how it could get 'cured' just by shipping it back and forth and they eventually conceded and refunded the expense. BUT.. while we were on our 9 week run that rascal started making noise again - the original i'd re-installed. It was going to be a pain to swap it while on the road and now it's a bit brisk out.. so it'll be a spring thing to swap them back out and see what it does. but sure is/was annoying!

Also have a rear-window slide (one of those arms from the knob to the slide track on the glass) that's popped off the track. Scheduled to get that to dealer as well in the spring.

BUT. sure do love that floorplan and was VERY comfortable during that trip! From near 100 degree to 37 degree nights no other issues!

Interested to know what your fridge issue is? I added a 2nd cooling circulation fan on the back-side of ours. Figured i'd need it during those high temps.. Sure was a pain to get to, but glad I had it!

Looking forward to 1st run next year!
Old 12-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #27
Site Team

:^) happy happy happy!

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #28

My frig is a Dometic 2652. I went to their site and plugged the serial in and it said "Your refrigerator is affected". I found it odd that a frig made in 2013 states it is affected. Of course, they do also say that they cannot tell if a kit has already been installed. Would be nice if there was a tag on the unit or something...

Official Dometic Recall - DometicUSA

Your refrigerator is affected

PLEASE NOTE: This website only confirms whether or not the designated refrigerator is on the recall; it does not determine whether or not the recall kit has already been installed on the refrigerator.

The information you entered indicated that your refrigerator is affected by the expansion of the Dometic recall, announced to NHTSA on April 11, 2008.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #29

Interesting.. Mine is a 'DM2652'... BUT.. used my serial nr as an 'RM'..and it said i WAS under it?
Never had any of the symptoms, so THINK i'm safe.

but glad you prompted me to check the trailer. Found out i had a flat while i was out there!

Good thing i've got a new set of "D"s to go on it! (and caught it before the snow flies!!)
Old 12-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #30

Hi, guys . . . new here. I have a 2011 Rockwood Ultralite and we are thinking of buying a new Forest River product. We are wanting a rear living room suite. Can anyone tell me what they feel is the best quality Forest River product to purchase ?
Beth Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote