Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2010, 07:01 AM   #1

New Flagstaff V-Lite on order

Hello everyone

I am new to this forum and I am even more pleased I chose the Forest River brand after finding this great place to share information. My wife and I have been discussing an RV for almost 10 years back and forth between Class C, TT, etc. and we finally made the decision to go with the 2011 30WFKSS. I am a huge aviation nut and have been flying competition large scale radio control aerobatics for several years and we have always thought it would be perfect to have an RV for traveling to our competitions. We are expected to take delivery of our new unit last week of December (fingers crossed). We are already planning Oshkosh this next year as well as many other State parks we are interesting in visiting. My wife is a genealogist and we enjoy visiting towns in search of family history. I joined the forum even before receiving my coach because I have really been impressed with the quality of information and general friendliness and willing to help folks I have seen posting here. All I can say is if this is the type of folks we will run into out traveling then I am glad we will be a part of it. Look forward to all the fun ahead and just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. Thanks in advance for all the help, information and friendship. Happy Camping Everyone....

Bryan
Team Kennedy
BKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:20 AM   #2

Bryan,we have the same V lite as you ordered. Love the layout. Cant say it has been trouble free! Dont travel with full F/W tank! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Bryan,we have the same V lite as you ordered. Love the layout. Cant say it has been trouble free! Dont travel with full F/W tank! Youroo!!
Thanks Youroo, we thought the layout was great too. So what type of issues have you had? do you have a 2011? or 2010? I would normally wait to get close to where I was going to dry camp before filling the water tank just carry enough to make the trip with. What issues did you have? I will be pulling mine with an 06 F-250 Superduty with towing package and some added performance goodies I am producing about 322hp. I think that should more than do it...
Old 11-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #4

to the forum!
Congrats on the new tt. I know it will be a long month for you, but you can spend the time checking out this forum and reading about what mods some people have done that you might want to do yourself. As you already know, ask all the questions you want. Someone on here will be able to help you with good info.

Good luck and happy camping!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
Wanna Be Camper

First welcome to the forum, there are many knowledgeable people here to answer your questions. You should really like the new TT when you get it. I know we love ours although it is a much different layout. Happy traveling and above all be safe on the highways.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:21 PM   #6
Infractee

Hey Bryan,

Nice choice, I like those V's.
Would make a nice toy hauler as well for the competition trips, especially if you go to The Polo Grounds....

I used to fly .60 sized pattern ships back in the early to mid 80's, did alright with an old Futaba 6 ch and a YS 60 in a Kaos. Just before getting out I was flying a Phoenix 8 with a YS 1.20. Still have my first Mach One with an HB .61 in it....good times....
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:41 PM   #7

Welcome!!!!! from another Brian but I must spell my name the Canadian way and I have only flown (in a two seat Cessna) once for about 3/4 of an hour so I know nothing about airplanes. Real or model. I guess if I can't drive we don't go there. I'm sure you will find lots here who have flown either and I know lots will have answers for your trailer questions. We have a 27 ft. superlite v-cross which we like very much and (touchwood) have had very few issues with it so far. Hope you have nothing but good times with your rig and many safe travels. Old guys
Old 11-25-2010, 11:29 PM   #8

Hello Bryan, and Welcome to the forum, and the V lite family! I think I have (arguably) the oldest V-lite on here, when they were first delivered to my dealer's lot, I bought it the second day. April 08. There have been many product improvements since, most all for the better, so y'alls must really be great! Anyway, great camping trails to you, and any questions or problems, just ask!! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
Hey Bryan,

Nice choice, I like those V's.
Would make a nice toy hauler as well for the competition trips, especially if you go to The Polo Grounds....

I used to fly .60 sized pattern ships back in the early to mid 80's, did alright with an old Futaba 6 ch and a YS 60 in a Kaos. Just before getting out I was flying a Phoenix 8 with a YS 1.20. Still have my first Mach One with an HB .61 in it....good times....
That is great. I started competing in Pattern and worked my way up to a 4th at the National level. Before moving to IMAC I was flying a YS 160 DZ and a JR 12X 2.4ghz spread spectrum radio. The hobby has come a long way but hang on to the Mach One. Have you heard of the Ballistic Pattern Association (BPA) this is a special interest group devoted to the older pattern ships screaming on .61 with tuned pipes.

Thanks so much everyone for the fantastic welcome. I look forward to the travels and I am sure I will have some questions for the group here once I get my coach and head out on the road.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:21 PM   #10

I'm new to this forum also. We just purchased the Flagstaff V Lite 30 WRLTS. Can't wait to try it this weekend. How is your camping going so far? Any problems?
Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:35 AM   #11

We also have a 2011 V-Lite WRLTS that we purchased in May of this year. We had orginally purchase a 2010 model but when we did the check over inspection of the camper my wife noticed several cracks near the rear slide out that had the sofa in it. So we refused to accept that camper and the dealer agreed to order us a new camper straight from the factory. When the camper arrived and we picked it up everything was ok but it was a 2011 model instead of a 2010. But the dealer let us have it for the same price as the 2010 so we were happy. We have camped in it about 6 times already this year and we love the camper. It is really hard waiting for warm weather so that we can go camping again. The biggest problem that we have had so far was getting the right hitch setup. The dealer sold us the Reese Dual Cam hitch but we could never get that hitch adjusted so that the trailer would stop swaying on the interstates. We finally talk the dealer into swapping the Reese for a new Equalizer Sway Control hitch and we have not experienced any sway with the trailer since that hitch was installed. Good luck and welcome to the site.

Freddie & Linda
2015 FR Sierra 330RLS & 2003 Dodge 2500 4X4 Diesel
TMPS for Camper & TV
Dakota EV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #12

Send a message via MSN to hunt4240dw
Along with 08flagstaff, I have had mine since they began construction. I would however, would not be able to pull a new one. They have made it heavier. It is really great having that v - nose when it comes to a head wind.

David

PS Thank WEB Admin for put one of my pictures on the banner

The Hunts
2012 F150 Ecoboost, 3.55, tow package
Equal-i-zer Hitch
2009 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
1982 16' Glastron Ski boat
hunt4240dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #13

We have taken delivery of our new V-Lite

Well after all the wait we took delivery of our new 2011 30WFKSS on New Years Eve. The coach is Fantastic. It was delivered exactly as we had ordered it. We decided to go with Tuscan creame all the way through and minimal carpet with the Siesta Sand interior. I also had them install a Girrard Tankless hot water heater. I am very impressed with the quality of the unit. I have already installed the Max air covers on top and just about ready to make our first run.

Very impressed with the layout, quality of workmanship and choices on the components like flat screen, DVD system, Lazy boy recliners etc.

Great Job Forest River!!!! Looking forward to great conversations, information from all of you here in the Forum.

Best Regards and Happy New Year to everyone.

Bryan

Old 01-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #14

How exciting. I have the Tuscan creame in the kitchen area. Tell me about these Max air covers, that is new to me. We took ours out for the first time on New Year's weekend. Another couple came and spent the night with us on New Year's Eve. The air bed was very easy to do and they said it was comfortable. We may have to sleep on it one night and check it out ourselves. There was plenty of room for all. One thing I do miss from our old camper is light switches. I am only 5', so I have to really stretch to reach the lights. But, overall we loved it, especially the closet, we had viritually none in the master bed area on our old camper. Did you get the table and chairs or the U shape dinnette?
Old 01-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #15

ThankS Grayson

We have the regular dinette. We like the extra storage it gives you and the table can still be moved and used elsewhere. The Maxair 2 Cover goes over the Fantastic vent fan in the bathroom, you can get regular Camco brand or other vent covers for the one the back and front. These attach easily and allow you to open your vent even in the rain. Enjoy.

BK
Old 01-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #16

Cool, I'll have to look into to those vent covers. You'll have to keep us posted on your first outing and let us know how it goes.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #17

Hi Bk, congrats on your new RV, hope you make it to Oshkosh, I plan to go in 2011, will be my 6th trip there.

A couple of years ago I wrote a Oshkosh Airshow camping guide, a pdf of it is at http://www.upaero.com/oshkoshairshowcampingguide.pdf
cheers -ken

ps: prefer the rc warbirds myself!
kenair is offline   Reply With Quote