Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #1

Smile New Forest River

Good evening,

After a 5 year absence, we are (almost) back in the camping business !

We sold our Hybrid after years of Pop-up camping, then moving to the Hybrid. However, we just could not move away from the camping life style / relaxing / fun / meeting good people (O.K, one or two not so good) !

We have been doing our home work, studying floor plans for weeks now and decided on the Flagstaff 26rls and or it's twin the Rockwood 2604SS. We requested quotes / then sent out offers. I believe we are at, or at least very close to a deal, (Flagstaff) so close we put down a deposit.

I sought advise and thoughts from both on this forum and the Trailerlife forum..........and as I remembered from the past, that YOU, the camping nation....came through !!

Anyway, when the deal is done.........and I can figure out how to post pics ............I will !

Living here in Central Florida we are in very good driving distance from both the Atlantic and Gulf.............and the Ocala National forest and SOOOOOO many State parks !! Which make for great three day weekends!!

If I can be of help to anyone seeking info. on this area let me know !

Happy Camping !!
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:56 PM   #2

Cool a new rig, always an exciting time. Hope you get years of great experiences and travels with it. Post pics when you can...
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:39 PM   #3

WELCOME!!! Nice to meet you. We are due in Florida Feb. 19th in the Fort Myers area and are really looking forward to it. Is there any way you can make sure the sun is turned on and the heat is turned up? Just kidding, we can hardly wait to get there as long as it's not snowing. Old Guys
Old 01-31-2010, 10:33 AM   #4

Mr. O.G

You don't mess around ! Didn't I just read you brought you camper home .....two days ago ??

We stayed with friends in the Fort Meyer area (Cape Coral) two summers ago. Not camping just visiting and doing some riding on the Harley's ! .

Can't help you with making the weather change, but I can give you a "current weather update"....which is .... Yesterday rainy and ugly all day ...........cloudy and ugly so far today outside temp at this time is...46 !

The sun will be back...........the roads will be clear........and before you know it, you'll be relaxing in a lawn chair in 75 degree weather !!
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:01 PM   #5

Steeljag....No. You probably read an older posting (the posting date is in the upper left corner of each post). That being said, it wasn't all that long ago that we did get it (Nov. 24th). This is really just a short shakedown cruise for us, whats a couple thousand kilometers among friends, but like Larry the cable guy says "Git Er Done", besides we don't feel up to camping among the snowbanks here. Thanks for the info on the weather. I already feel warmer just thinking about that sun and the 75 degrees so come hell or high water we hope to be be in Florida in about 2 1/2 weeks. Old Guys