Old 04-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to ShebaGinger
Welcome aboard and happy camping.

we have been out every month this year but Feb. and headed out tomorrow.

Get out and enjoy the camper.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #12
2016 Avenger 26BH

My wife bought it because the bunks and double bed eliminates the need for me, the early riser to get outside at 6am and wait until her and our 2 daughters wakeup because there is no place to sit to read the paper etc. outside only works ok on brighter dry days. It is also well below our max towing cap. and priced right. only 2 things we will miss is the versatility of a 2 or 3way fridge and the sink in the bathroom. I already have a 17 x 16" interior door being made so i can modify the storage under the bed. I plan to put a divider in so that we will have interior access to a smaller compartment under the bed. the under bed area is too "deep" to be easily useful from the outside only. I'd add doors to the ends of the dinette benches to if i didn't think it would weaken them too much but you never know.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
My wife bought it because the bunks and double bed eliminates the need for me, the early riser to get outside at 6am and wait until her and our 2 daughters wakeup because there is no place to sit to read the paper etc. outside only works ok on brighter dry days. It is also well below our max towing cap. and priced right. only 2 things we will miss is the versatility of a 2 or 3way fridge and the sink in the bathroom. I already have a 17 x 16" interior door being made so i can modify the storage under the bed. I plan to put a divider in so that we will have interior access to a smaller compartment under the bed. the under bed area is too "deep" to be easily useful from the outside only. I'd add doors to the ends of the dinette benches to if i didn't think it would weaken them too much but you never know.
Wow, that is almost exactly our reasoning for purchasing this trailer.

Our trailer did come with a 2-way (120V & propane) Dometic fridge, even though this wasn't really specified anywhere. We also have the 13,500 BTU rooftop A/C, but no stabilizing jacks or stereo. The RV business seems a little haphazard to us, but everything worked out reasonably well in this case.

I really like the idea of dividing the under-bed space into an exterior-access and interior-access portions. We were going to do some sort of division, but we hadn't thought about it like that. I guess I should take our trailer to a local cabinet maker.

Who's doing the interior access doors for you?

Thanks,
Martin
Old 04-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #14
Just Love to Camp

Welcome from VA!!

2012 F450
Virginia
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #15
2016 Avenger 26BH

i just took the drawer for colour and style along with my required dimensions to a local cabinet maker. he will even try to match the hinges for me. everything else i will do myself yours has a 2way fridge? is it not located under the kitchen counter like ours? no provisions for the required chimney to the roof.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #16

My husband and I just purchased a 2014 cruise lite 195bh too! We have 2 little girls and thought the layout was perfect for us. We also didn't want to be sleeping on a bed that we had to make from a table or loose cushions, so that was great seeing a fullsize bed in there as well. Our dealer upgraded our fridge for us so we have a 2 way now, he threw in 4 heavy duty stabilizer jacks and upgraded us to a 2014 for free because he didn't have any trailers in stock. They've been selling like crazy! We won't get our new trailer for a couple months still, so he's giving us a rental (for free) to use until ours gets in. We just sold our tiny 1980 tent trailer. Super excited for this years camping to begin! Hope you guys enjoy the trailer as much as we will! I will be looking into storage ideas/mirror/medicine cabinet for the bathroom I think.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #17
2016 Avenger 26BH

congrats on your purchase!! by 2way fridge do you mean 120/12v or 120v and propane?
Old 05-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #18
2016 Avenger 26BH

larissa also check out my mods Screen Door Latch for kids!!

Added Medicine Cabinet
Old 05-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to ShebaGinger
Congratulations and happy camping. What part of the country you in? Lots of good state parks here in Fla. As is in most states.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #20

The fridge we have (soon!) is a propane/120v. We're in Ontario, Canada. We have a lot of beautiful provincial parks around here. We haven't made it out of the country yet for camping, but plan to maybe next year. I'll take a look at the mods you did now, just saw that post.