Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #21
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Welcome! I've been lucky to be out twice already this year and am headed out this afternoon again!

Just brought ours home yesterday....was out last nite and this AM "moving in" and was sweatin buckets....HOT HERE in cajun country and has been for a month...had some rain but I think we're into smooth sailin now.

Can't wait till next weekend...gonna put 'er on the road!
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #22
2016 Avenger 26BH

hi we are in ontario as well. could you post a picture of your trailer floor plan? our fridge is under the kitchen counter with no way of upgrading to a 2 way fridge. i'm curious to know where your fridge is located. thanks
Cleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #23
NELA

<chuckling...seriously at all the posts re little ones

those were the days....our five sons...2 his, 3 mine are grown, long gone out of the nests...his have no little ones yet...I have three grands...2 boys one girl...

We haven't even told our sons we bought this thing! They'll find out soon enough,,,,we've decided we're tellin 'em it "only sleeps two".

I know exactly which one will ask "to borrow it" first....gasp....NYET! It'll be my youngest wild child...the one who had the proverbial need for speed growing up...BMX Racer, Go cart racer...you name it, he'd soup it up and run it wide open.
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
hi we are in ontario as well. could you post a picture of your trailer floor plan? our fridge is under the kitchen counter with no way of upgrading to a 2 way fridge. i'm curious to know where your fridge is located. thanks
Hey Cleon, We haven't got our trailer yet. Our dealer said the production of it begins the beginning of July, so he said we should hopefully have it by the end of July *fingers crossed*. We'll be using his rental until we have ours. I will post pictures of the whole thing when we get it for you though!

Our dealer had put the upgrade onto our buying agreement. Perhaps they run the propane lines only with that upgrade?! We've also seen some of these 195bh trailers with a small door on the outside near the entry door. I'm wondering if this is the propane fridge access door? I guess we won't know until we get it. I can't wait! sheesh
larissasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #25

Congrats and welcome. There is a huge amount of information here and lots of people willing to help out...just ask.

Tim & Jenn
2009 Forest River Grey Wolf 235 5er
2003 F-350 Superduty 6.0 l Diesel
DSP 17K
aiscpl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #26

Welcome! Many years ago when I was at the Faculty of Education at Brock my first teaching session was in Smithville. I see Cleon is from Walkerton. That is where I lived my first year of teaching and taught in Mildmay! Small world!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #27

Hi! Just pick a 2013 v-light 30wtbs love it.
Lau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #28

Hi! Just picked up a flagstaff v- light 30 WTBS love it.
Lau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #29

New 2011 Salem owner

Hi All,

Just purchased a 2011 Forest River Salem 25ft and are soooo excited. Sold our little 17 ft and ready to travel! We unfortunately cant seem to find a secure place to mount our TV. Had wood studs in the old one but the area meant for the TV above the table doesn't seem to have any???

Are the interior studs metal? Is there a special bracket we should be using?? Two small holes in wall already looking...eck

Thanks for ANY suggestions!!

Sal and Gina
Oregon...
smdgmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #30

SALEM Cruise Lite 195BH

Quote:
Originally Posted by larissasmith View Post
Hey Cleon, We haven't got our trailer yet. Our dealer said the production of it begins the beginning of July, so he said we should hopefully have it by the end of July *fingers crossed*. We'll be using his rental until we have ours. I will post pictures of the whole thing when we get it for you though!

Our dealer had put the upgrade onto our buying agreement. Perhaps they run the propane lines only with that upgrade?! We've also seen some of these 195bh trailers with a small door on the outside near the entry door. I'm wondering if this is the propane fridge access door? I guess we won't know until we get it. I can't wait! sheesh
Hi There, new on here, Larissa, would u mind tellng me the dealership you purchased your Salem Cruise Lite at in Ontario - I would love to call that dealsership asap!
DUTY-FREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #31

Hi Cleon and Larissa, we are really looking to purchase the Cruise Lite 195BH and any help on where you purchased it in Ontarion would help, I am in Ontario as well! Thanks soo much!
DUTY-FREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #32
2016 Avenger 26BH

195bh

Hi

i suggest you get a thorough 10cent tour before you sign a purchase agreement. make sure they show you everything... our fridge is only a 120v "bar" fridge, we didn't realize that till we got it home what a bummer. Larrisa says their dealer included a free upgrade to a 2 way i think. not sure how they will do the ducting up to & through the ceiling without chopping up the counter top and moving the microwave. other than that the layout is good for us considering our budget and tow vehicle. ofr the most part only the wind reminds us that it behind our sport trac. good luck on purchase.

Cleon
Old 06-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #33

Are any of Larissasmith, Cleon or duty free heading to Goshen, IN for the FROG Rally?
Old 06-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #34

to the forum.
2014 nites booked 10
Truth B Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #35
2016 Avenger 26BH

hi

no we will not be attending this year, maybe keep it in mind for next year
Old 07-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #36
2016 Avenger 26BH

Quote:
Originally Posted by larissasmith View Post
The fridge we have (soon!) is a propane/120v. We're in Ontario, Canada. We have a lot of beautiful provincial parks around here. We haven't made it out of the country yet for camping, but plan to maybe next year. I'll take a look at the mods you did now, just saw that post.

hi just wondering if you got your trailer yet, and how the 2 way fridge worked out? it looks like the outside door behind the fridge is different, having 2 grates in it instead of being a solid door like ours. Cleon
Old 04-26-2017, 05:14 AM   #37

My wife and I just bought a 2016 forest river Salem 195bh. Got a great deal on it out the door with tax title and license was 10,995. I'm going to be adding front stabilizers, dual propane tanks, boss 7" cd,DVD car stereo with 2 300 watt boss speakers and a 400 watt boss amp, and a nice 32" led tv, and upgrading all lights to LED. Will be pulling it with wdh on my 2014 ram 1500 5.7 4x4.
slys is offline   Reply With Quote