Old 07-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
New Forester 3171DS Owners

Hello all! I joined up the forum a bit ago as we were in the process of selecting our new Forester. The forum really helped detail the all the good on the Forester and the other FR products.

We have been in TT since 2004. We moved up in camper size over time which required a move up in the tow vehicle as well. We loved our last TT but since we typically travel long distances to camp a motorhome seemed the be a better fit for us.
We compared the Class A's and C's and the Class C won out.
We bought locally although we did consider taking the bait of out of state dealers. It was a good choice because we already need to take the Forester back for some small issues. We know any FR dealer will repair FR products but the semi local dealer will likely take better care of us.

We really like the Forester and the amenities. Now I have to get a setup to tow my wife's car. I am leaning more to a tow trailer versus 4 down or dolly in this way we can stow a few other items on the trailer such as bikes. Although there is the issue of "where to put the trailer" once we are site parked.

Anyway, babbling a bit much for my first post so I will close up here and head back to educating myself on our Forester.

Bobby, Kathy & Brenden
Baton Rouge, LA.

bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
2011 Forest River Stealth
Welcome from the central coast of California

2011 Stealth CSFCK3214
2003 Ford F250 Crew Cab 4X4 7.3
2011 Polaris RZR 4
rwtdct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
Welcome to the forum!
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:06 PM   #4
We just bought our forest river 3171ds this past july and totally love it . We are planning to become full-time rvers in a few yrs can't wait . As we haven't done the camping thing since our kids were young everything is all exciting once again . We are planning to take out our bunk beds and put in a small dinette for 2 so we can use this area for whether it be having our morning coffee there or using it for an extra computer area so we have a bit of space . Also thinking once on the road full timing we would need an area to do our hobbies . Just wondering if anyone has done any mods for this . I know its a new unit and the 2014's have the computer area now . If we had waiting one more season but we didn't and we don't have a problem making changes but would love some input if there is any. Thank you...Penny
Penny is offline   Reply With Quote