Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #1

new Forum Members

Hello Forum,
I am fairly new to Forest River products. My wife (Patricia) and I have continuously owned various fifth wheels over the last 25 years. We bought a 2013 Palomino/Columbus fifth wheel; model F320RS Sep 2012 and we do love it. A few minor issues that we will bring to the dealers attention before our one year warranty is up but nothing major. One question I do have for the group is; “where the heck is the battery cutoff switch” which the brochures state I have?
I have already used this forum several times to get answers to questions I have already come across. I even acted like a pro when another Columbus came into the campground we were at (Prizer Point, Cadiz KY). He did not know how to open the range vent for the stove. I only knew this from reading the forum and I showed him how it opens!
I tow this fiver with a 2006 2500HD 4X4 Duramax. I can even get better milage than my last fifth wheel which was a litlle bit lighter. (8-12 MPG) depending on grade and how eager we are to get there!!
Thanks again,
Rick and Patricia Vice
khamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Hello Rick and welcome to the forum!

Pm "sabresam" on this forum and he will be glad to help you with finding you battery disconnect.
Pm him your vin and full name .
He's a GREAT ASSET to this forum and works diligently to serve us palomino owners.
He may not know the answer but will find someone who can at the factory.

Good luck!
And again welcome aboard.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
Always Learning

I think user, Christopher Columbus, would be a better bet since the Op mentioned it was a Columbus (not a Sabre).
Old 02-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I think user, Christopher Columbus, would be a better bet since the Op mentioned it was a Columbus (not a Sabre).
Opppps my bad forgot.
Either one will get the job done !
Both great people !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum Rick and Patricia. That 320RS is a very nice and popular floorplan.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #6

Wiscampsin looks like you are set and ready. We are looking for a seasonal spot in TN or KY so we can get full benifit from it. We are very happy with the 320RS so far. We were set up on the lake last season when we first got it and was watching an action movie with the surround sound. We forgot how thin the walls were as we found out the next morning!! lol
Old 02-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamis View Post
Hello Forum,
I am fairly new to Forest River products. My wife (Patricia) and I have continuously owned various fifth wheels over the last 25 years. We bought a 2013 Palomino/Columbus fifth wheel; model F320RS Sep 2012 and we do love it. A few minor issues that we will bring to the dealers attention before our one year warranty is up but nothing major. One question I do have for the group is; “where the heck is the battery cutoff switch” which the brochures state I have?
I have already used this forum several times to get answers to questions I have already come across. I even acted like a pro when another Columbus came into the campground we were at (Prizer Point, Cadiz KY). He did not know how to open the range vent for the stove. I only knew this from reading the forum and I showed him how it opens!
I tow this fiver with a 2006 2500HD 4X4 Duramax. I can even get better milage than my last fifth wheel which was a litlle bit lighter. (8-12 MPG) depending on grade and how eager we are to get there!!
Thanks again,
Rick and Patricia Vice
I'm just the wife, but I think I remember it being on the door side - open that and underneath where the radio and vac are I think there is a red knob.
eisbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #8

thanks for the info. we did a very quick walk through with the dealer and he did not cover that. I will look for it,

thanks,

Rick Vice
Old 02-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #9
Site Team

Welcome to the Forest River Family! Looking forward to hearing about your travels so please do jump in when you are ready.

Take care!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote