Old 12-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #1

New from CO......questions on a camper for my style of camping

Hi all, I'm to camper ownership...we'll thinking about buying one, I spent 26 nights in a tent hunting last year , and will not do that again....thank to the rain every day! My question Is, is it normal for bumper pull trailer not to have generators pre wired? Is that a big deal. I would like to run the microwave with going outside starting up the gen? Also the camper I'm looking at is palomino thoughorbred 26bhsl.... It was sol or.... I don't know squat about it, it says 500 watts? And 300 amp hour batteries (2). I'm just not sure it this trailer will work for my off grid excursions? Thanks for you time I look forward to your help

Old 12-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperklx View Post
Hi all, I'm to camper ownership...we'll thinking about buying one, I spent 26 nights in a tent hunting last year , and will not do that again....thank to the rain every day! My question Is, is it normal for bumper pull trailer not to have generators pre wired? Is that a big deal. I would like to run the microwave with going outside starting up the gen? Also the camper I'm looking at is palomino thoughorbred 26bhsl.... It was sol or.... I don't know squat about it, it says 500 watts? And 300 amp hour batteries (2). I'm just not sure it this trailer will work for my off grid excursions? Thanks for you time I look forward to your help
i know of no travel trailer that is pre-wired for a generator, EXCEPT for toyhauler travel trailers.

as far as the Palomino, are you saying it has solar for charging? you wrote "sol or".
don't know what you're referring to as "500 watts".
and are the batteries 12v or 6v?

one thing you need to look at is clearance, if you're going off-road. very few travel trailers are built for this.
and what will you be towing with?

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #3

You can get an Arctic Fox travel trailer with a generator installed from the factory - Northwood Manufacturing
rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #4

Yes solar, he said it has 500 watts of panels which feeds into 500 watts solar control and over 300 amp hour worth of batteries, he told me it has 2 big and 3 small batteries, my plan was to flip the axles and raise it a little for clearance on dirt roads, I'll pull it with 7.3 f250

Tags
camper, camping