Old 03-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #1

New from Colorado. Puma 30kfb

Been camping for 30 years. Just bought a new 2012 Puma 30KFB. Looking forward to spring time. Anyone else owm this unit and have any commends on it

Old 03-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I do not own your model but would like to welcome you to the forum !
post pics when you get it out !
hope you have fun in your new unit !

Old 03-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #3

Good morning Colorado,

I have a 2011 30kfb. The short of it is I have a love/hate with this unit. I love the layout, the looks, the comfort, the utility of it, etc... But I've had unending trouble with it. It almost burnt down when my rear slide stayed engaged, the wires melted, and the wall was hot to the touch. The driver rear tire was almost down to the belts after our first long haul of less than 600 miles and the others were starting to wear as well (I'm on top of my inflation pressures as a side note). My new set of tires are wearing after the factory took the unit back and said the alignment was almost perfect. The seal on the outside kitchen is a joke. I'm going on my third gasket. The bedroom door will not under any circumstances stay connected to the rollers. I've had three hot water heater elements even though I turn off the switch on it everytime we pack up. And the list of minor things is just as long.... Again, I love the camper but Its just not up to the quality (or safety) one would expect for the money. BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY!!!
I wish you safe travels and better luck than we have!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #4

i am going to have to keep my eyes open for these issues. we did get the extended warranty on this unit. granted, it is not the top to the line but we really like the layout and with the bunks up front, since we don't have kids with us anymore, we will use that for storage for our trips (wifes sewing machine, fly fishing gear etc........). what was the final issue with the hot water heater? and rear slide? did u find a decent replacement for the gasket yet? thanks
Old 03-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #5

Whereabouts in Colorado are you? I'm in Colorado Springs. Have you booked any weekends in the area yet? I was surprised to find that weekends at the state parks are booked ~4months in advance -- you may want to start reserving now!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #6

I have a PUMA 30 KFBDS and although I've only taken it out 6 or 7 times I have nothing bad to report. The lay out works well with 3 kids and I got a descent price on it. I've got next week off and I'm taking the family and Puma out for Spring Break. If you have any questions about your new TT feels free to post them or pm me. Lots of good folks here that are willing to help.

2012 F-350 4x4 King Ranch Super Duty CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel 3.55 e-locker
2011 Palomino Puma 30KFBDS with Side Paw Kitchen and Bunkhouse
Equalizer E2 Hitch
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASPEDDLER
I have a PUMA 30 KFBDS and although I've only taken it out 6 or 7 times I have nothing bad to report. The lay out works well with 3 kids and I got a descent price on it. I've got next week off and I'm taking the family and Puma out for Spring Break. If you have any questions about your new TT feels free to post them or pm me. Lots of good folks here that are willing to help.
Thanks
Old 04-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #8

yep state parks have filled up quick. we got the TT this weekend and had to do some minor fixes and cleanup; but it is ready now. we have a trip to estes park and leadville planned to work out any issues while being in a full hookup park. after that we will restart dry camping in taylor basin or elsewhere in colorado
Old 04-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #9

tv size 30kfb

anyone put a flatscreen in this unit yet and what size fits best in the space?