Old 03-13-2013, 05:33 AM   #11
Thanks for all the posts guys. I shopped my truck and I have only had it a year so i am about one more year away from having enough equity into to upgrade and get a similar payment.

I decided to take my deposit off this i did they they showed me a Shadow Cruiser Rv that was all fiberglass and a lot lighter, still 35 i am going with i guess i wont be on these boards as much as i thought...

i appreciate all the responses.

Knepp1bj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:05 AM   #12
don't know how old or how many miles your truck has but I towed a Jayco that was about the same weight with a 1/2 ton burb. It towed it ok for a while but it wasn't a pleasant ride on our nice smooth Michigan highways. It would porpose (spelling) on the real rough roads. Then after a while the engine developed a spark knock while towing the burb had over 100,000 miles on her. We finally deducted the spark knocking was due to lack of compression. It would pull it ok on the flat road throughout most of Mi. But when we got into the Ogemaw hills by West Branch she had all she could do to make it up some of the hills. I know they say the max weight of the trailer will be x amount of lbs but when you load it with full water tanks and all your household goods you'll be well over 10,000 lb.s.

brokenaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #13
Check out Alice springs in Ionia. Nice RV resort. $39.00 a night. New. Cable TV. Great pool and hot tub. Only 4 years old. Have gotten to know the owner well. Not far. 96 towards Grand Rapids. Exit M-66 towards Ionia. About 4 miles on right. 30 minute drive. Hope to meet you there. Let me know if you decide to go and we can hook up. Nice to meet new people.
Netcomdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:36 AM   #14
Setting up there today. We are full timing starting today. We are on the first street about 3 or 4 spots in. Can't remember the number. When you see a monster Cedar Creek pulled in with a silver ford..that's us. We are from Grand Ledge so Ionia will be our base until we leave for AZ. in Oct. We'll pull up stakes for the FROG Rally and then back to Alice Springs. Hope to see you there.
2011 Cedar Creek 36B2 ordered with outside kitchen removed and a nice big wardrobe in it's place.
Pulled with a 2011 F-250 Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab and 8' box with a Hensley BD-3 Trailer Saver. F R O G members.

<a href= target=_blank></a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:56 AM   #15
Out camper is on site 109. (Back corner) We will be out this weekend and I will stop by to say hi. Hope you enjoy your stay. We love it there. We have had our TT out at Alice Springs all this season. Have become good friends with the park manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Netcomdude is offline   Reply With Quote