Old 04-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #1

New from Pa

Hello, My name is Ray. My significant other and I purchased our first RV in January. We did our first RV trip to Gettysburg Pa. It was so much nicer than camping in a Tent. Ran into so Issues, I hope someone can assist.
We purchased the Freedom Express Liberty Edition 820. Thing is long 37 ft. I have an F250 super Duty with a v10. I had some trouble pulling RV up hills, very slow and very taxing on truck. I have a weight distrubution system that I bought with the RV. I am not sure if I have it set up right. (Dealer not very assistance frendly on that).
Second, It rained on us one day and that after noon we noticed the floor was wet on our kitchen slide out in the corner. I am not sure it that is normanl for the first time but guessing its not. I checked the seal on the out side of the slide out, and the best I could on the inside they seem fine. I am not sure if the bottom is opening all the way. Is their a way to adjust them or do I have to make the 4 hr treck back to my dealer?
Any assitance would be greatly appericated.

Thank you
Ray

Old 04-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #2

If I were you Ray, I would return to the dealer where you purchased the RV, and have it checked out - wouldn't this be covered in the warranty? A water leak is not a good thing, can cause much damage if left un-repaired. Good Luck, Pat

Old 04-03-2013, 07:16 AM   #3

Yep, best to get it checked and let them know you want someone to go over the areas you still aren't comfortable with.

You like in a beautiful state and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful camping season once you get things just right
Old 04-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

to the Forums and congrats on the new RV. We camp in PA in the Lancaster Area each year so we may cross paths. FYI- there's a new Camping World Store in Hanover PA in case there's something you can't live without. They took over the Reichert's RV Center on Rte 94. Be safe and enjoy your new RV.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #5

Hello and welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new camper. Definitely get the water issue looked at. We camp at Gettysburg a couple times a year. Drummer Boy and Artillery Ridge. We like them both. Have a great camping season.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by wv campers View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new camper. Definitely get the water issue looked at. We camp at Gettysburg a couple times a year. Drummer Boy and Artillery Ridge. We like them both. Have a great camping season.
Ditto on the dealer, as well.
We spend a week at Gettysburg KOA every year we have owned a camper.
Hope to see you at the 150th Anniversary this year.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #7

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Freedom Express Liberty Edition 820.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Physician

Welcome!

SabreDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #9

Ray,
Congrats on the new Freedom Express ! I would definitely get that water leak fixed ASAP. We are also from Pa.,We are in the Pittsburgh area! Good luck with the leak,hope its a simple fix.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #10

Thank you all for welcoming us to the world of RVing. I have found a dealer closer to me to get the leak fixed. That is the good thing the bad thing is everyone that I have called is telling me it will be 2 to 3 weeks before they look at it. I am taking the RV down on Sat to drop off. but who knows maybe they will get it in quicker. Weather is starting to break. and even tho we had the leak, we are very eager to go again. So much easier then tent camping.

Thank you all again.

Happy trails and be safe!

Ray