Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2019, 05:39 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
The yellow door sticker is supposed to be what the trailer weighed when it left the factory. But it doesn't include the weight of the battery(dealer installed item), water or cargo.
If you didnt know, trailers don't come with jacks.
I know the trailer does not come with a jack, I was meaning the tongue jack. Just tried to shorten the message. I saw on a video that you should have a separate jack because the tire jack for vehicles is different than TT.
3Harts19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:12 PM   #102
Trailer Park Supervisor

Depends on vehicle. I have an old bottle jack I robbed from my old Dodge Ram before I got rid of it. I don't know what the F150 has, maybe I won't need to bring an extra jack
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 11:30 PM   #103

Has anyone connected a second solar panel to the SAE connector on the front? I have a 2018 19fbs and attached a 100w panel for the first time to the SAE port. The voltage was too much for the controller and it started blinking all indicators. I read over 16 volts at the battery. Does this port require another in line controller?
RFawcett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:13 AM   #104
Trailer Park Supervisor

Absolutely yes, you need a separate controller for whatever panel you plug in to the SAE port, which goes directly to battery.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:15 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Absolutely yes, you need a separate controller for whatever panel you plug in to the SAE port, which goes directly to battery.
Thanks NJKris. Thought for sure that port would have been tied into the factory installed controller. Hope I didn't hurt my batteries. I had just added a 100 watt AGM in parallel.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:36 AM   #106
Trailer Park Supervisor

I called Go Solar and verified that, because I didn't know either. You might be OK as long as you didn't leave it connected too long, which would have eventually overheated and boiled a flooded batt. I don't know the effect on AGM. I'd be more concerned about frying the Go Solar controller with the higher voltage. Does controller seem ok now?

BTW, your last sentence confused me, there is no such thing as 100W AGM, the panel is 100W. Assuming you meant 12v AGM.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:28 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
I called Go Solar and verified that, because I didn't know either. You might be OK as long as you didn't leave it connected too long, which would have eventually overheated and boiled a flooded batt. I don't know the effect on AGM. I'd be more concerned about frying the Go Solar controller with the higher voltage. Does controller seem ok now?

BTW, your last sentence confused me, there is no such thing as 100W AGM, the panel is 100W. Assuming you meant 12v AGM.
Yes I meant 100ah AGM. My solar panel is a 100 watt HQST.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:51 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryingwolf View Post
How did it tow with your Jeep Grand Cherokee, we have the 19FBS and tow it with our Jeep Cherokee and it tows great, we have a husky weight distribution hitch and I was shocked at the 15 mpg I averaged towing it home from the dealer 120 miles away. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours. Taking it on the madden voyage this weekend. Can’t wait.
I was wondering if anyone on here doesn't use a brake controller. I feel like I may have overkill. I tow with a Ford E350 Super Duty van and have the weight dist. Sway control and brake controller. I'm purchasing another van and wondering if I need to go through the hassle of moving the brake controller over.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:26 PM   #109
Trailer Park Supervisor

My understanding is you need a brake controller for the electric trailer brakes to properly sync with your TV brakes. If you don't want to move one over, get a TV with a built in controller. Some of the aftermarket controllers easily move from one vehicle to another. I opted for Ford's OEM controller and installed it myself, but it had to be synced with the vehicle software/hardware to be recognized (at the dealer, unless you have Forescan).