Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #1

New Georgetown 351DS

Hello from N Central Texas. My wife and I just picked up our 2014 Georgetown 351DS on Friday. We have already been on a short trip (overnight boondock) We moved from a Coachmen Freelander Class C...HUGE difference in size, amenities and comfort!

I am sure we will have a few (thousand) questions about it...as you know, dealer walk-thru is quick and painful.
I already have a few questions, just don't know yet where to ask....so I will ask and hope someone will point me in the right direction

1. where is the fresh water drain located

2. can you run the residential fridge on the inverter going down the highway instead of the generator

3. we have maybe 1600 hundred miles on so far and were wondering approx. what kind of mileage you are getting on this or like model....we were between 6 and 7 at 65 mph runnning the gen and no toad.
We realize that different driving habits offer different results

At anyrate, glad there is somewhere we can look for suggestions and or answers
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #2

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRetired View Post
Hello from N Central Texas. My wife and I just picked up our 2014 Georgetown 351DS on Friday. We have already been on a short trip (overnight boondock) We moved from a Coachmen Freelander Class C...HUGE difference in size, amenities and comfort!

I am sure we will have a few (thousand) questions about it...as you know, dealer walk-thru is quick and painful.
I already have a few questions, just don't know yet where to ask....so I will ask and hope someone will point me in the right direction

1. where is the fresh water drain located

2. can you run the residential fridge on the inverter going down the highway instead of the generator

3. we have maybe 1600 hundred miles on so far and were wondering approx. what kind of mileage you are getting on this or like model....we were between 6 and 7 at 65 mph runnning the gen and no toad.
We realize that different driving habits offer different results

At anyrate, glad there is somewhere we can look for suggestions and or answers

Glad to hear. I am waiting on my to arrive at the dealership any day now and we can't wait. Where did you purchase your unit?
Gregalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #3

We got it at MHSRV in Alvarado, Tx. This is our second unit from these folks, got our Class C from them in 06.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Old 07-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 2014 Georgetown 351DS.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRetired View Post
We got it at MHSRV in Alvarado, Tx. This is our second unit from these folks, got our Class C from them in 06.
Congrats on new MH...we've been eyeing that Dealership, seems like a great place to shop for a MH!

Old 07-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #6

see Jimmy

They are a great dealership. If you decide to get an MH and buy from them, see Jimmy, not sure of his last name....but he is the only Jimmy there.
He will spend all day with you if need be....great guy. He can be a little slow returning phone calls, but once you are there he will dedicate his time to your needs. We stayed one night at the dealership (the day we picked up the coach) he provided us with a loan car so we could go to dinner.
All in all, can't say anything bad. We took ours in for a little warranty work on the 6th of July and it will be ready tomorrow. The Service advisor estimated a 2 week completion, but it went three....not a big deal in our book.

I would buy from them again for sure.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland