Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2010, 10:29 PM   #1

New Georgetown owner-to-be

Hi, I just placed an order for a 280DS, to be delivered in January, and I wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Gary Shapiro, and I am a native of Philly, although I have called the beautiful state of Colorado my home for the past 26 years. I am not married, and have no kids, although I am faithfully attached to my 3 furkids: 11-year-old German Shepherd Dash, 8-year-old greyhound Lily and 7-year-old Molly, a German Shepherd/Husky mix and recent rescue. My username dashonthedash comes from my 90+ pound GSD's peculiar habit of laying on the dashboard of my motorhome when I leave it. After 11 years, he is retiring from dashboards, along with the dashboard itself, which belongs to a 19-year-old 27-foot Winnebago Brave, my first and, up until now, only RV, which was recently sold. I chose the Georgetown because of its size, floorplan and cost, and the great deal I got from the dealer who has serviced my Brave for the past 10 years. I am looking forward to the arrival of the new unit (which is described as 28 feet, but I will insist on calling it 29, since it is 28-10), and to many more years of camping.

Gary Shapiro, 2011 Georgetown 29' Class A
Dash, Molly & Lily - now at the Bridge and forever in my heart
Shadow - 4-year-old Greyhound
Hannah - 1 1/2-year-old GSD rescue
dashonthedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:05 AM   #2

gary
glad to see you bit the bullet i know you will enjoy it
i also purchased from a local guy because of service i had received there before
tell us about your options and plans for your 1st outing just 3 more things to say
enjoy
enjoy
enjoy

brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:49 PM   #3

Options:
Auto Levelling Jacks (never had them before, but almost got them for the old Brave)
Color Back-up Camera (Side cameras can only be used for changing lanes, and that's the last situation I would want to be looking at a monitor instead of the road)
15,000 BTU A/C (A little extra cooling couldn't hurt, especially at over 90 degrees)
19" Bedroom TV (Always could use a little help getting to sleep)
Arctic Pack (Might extend the short camping season here a few more weeks, although winter camping in this neck of the woods is out of the question)
Fantastic Fan in kitchen (A must-have, installed one after market on the Brave)
Outside shower (Not a must, but nice to have after a dirty hike)
Partial paint (Looked nice on the model I saw in Canon City. Full paint is expensive, and Brave still looked good after 19 years outside, no paint package or cover).
Remote heated mirrors (tired of walking to the other side of the coach to adjust passenger-side mirror)
2nd Auxiliary battery (do a lot of dry camping, used to be standard)
Power fan in bathroom (How is this an option?)
Power sun visor (added this on at the end, after driving the Brave in the early morning)

My first scheduled outing is a weekend in May at Cherry Creek State Park, followed closely by a trip to Mesa Verde and the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. First time I have been to other than the North Rim since '92. That trip was the first extended trip (2nd overall) with the old Brave, and my first trip on a mule, just a day trip. This trip will be my first extended trip (2nd overall) with the Georgetown, and my 2nd trip on a mule, this time all the way to Phantom Ranch and back. This will be followed by a long rest on my stomach.

Gary Shapiro, 2011 Georgetown 29' Class A
Dash, Molly & Lily - now at the Bridge and forever in my heart
Shadow - 4-year-old Greyhound
Hannah - 1 1/2-year-old GSD rescue
dashonthedash is offline   Reply With Quote